IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lets go West.
10/15/17, 7:22 PM   #1
Lets go West.
david mitchell
Banned

Now that we have an incredible point battle in the usac sprint car division let us now go west and decide it.How many people are going.That many,huh.Even Indycar says we owe it to our fans to decide the championship here in the midwest.After next year ,no more Sonoma.The final will be here in the midwest.I think usac needs to take a cue.No arguments,no excuses,no other worn out reasons.

1 member likes this post: Big Game Hunter
10/15/17, 7:46 PM   #2
Big Game Hunter
Rookie Member

Look here david mitchell. That there is my point sytem. Only person who is going to change the races are going to be me. Lol

2 members like this post: Clydesdale, tirespinner
10/15/17, 8:00 PM   #3
Big Game Hunter
Rookie Member

USAC should have the last race of the season at Kokomo Speedway THE BADDEST BULL RING IN THE STATE! cause we can see who will win the championship

1 member likes this post: speed bump
10/15/17, 8:46 PM   #4
Re: Lets go West.
BrentTFunk

I was at the first race this year in Florida. It is a National Series. Even though I can't make it west, I think it is great. Wish I could go, but understand it isn't all about me. I will be getting up early every morning and checking results. Hope it is a safe trip for everyone.

10/15/17, 9:00 PM   #5
david mitchell
Banned

I know Brent,its not about you or me.its about a fan base.That fan base is not in Arizona and California.It is here in Indiana,Illinois,and Ohio.I don’t care if the points lead is big or if its decided.But it really grates to support all year,and then have it taken out west to decide Champion.

2 members like this post: Big Game Hunter, speed bump
10/15/17, 9:40 PM   #6
flagboy55

David, I'm not saying you're wrong, part of me agrees with you. But Funk is right, it's a national series, even though that may be a bit of a fabrication, at least the schedule says that it is. I will say this, while I agree that the majority of their fan base is as you described, I think you might underestimate the fans who love it and wish they could attend more outside of us Hoosiers. To your point on the points race, I thought Grant would have it sealed up by now. When was the last time he parked it? He was my pick to be champion. I heard a cliche years ago about hunting bear, "sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you" considering that Windom has a nickname of the "bear" the later might apply to Justin this year

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish, Kydehart, tirespinner
10/15/17, 10:11 PM   #7
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
Now that we have an incredible point battle in the usac sprint car division let us now go west and decide it.How many people are going.That many,huh.Even Indycar says we owe it to our fans to decide the championship here in the midwest.After next year ,no more Sonoma.The final will be here in the midwest.I think usac needs to take a cue.No arguments,no excuses,no other worn out reasons.
Is this not the same insane discussion that you started a while back? Get over it. If you have a better way put up the money and run your own deal. Be happy,the title looks like it's going down to the wire. Wins have been spread out amongst many teams. The racing has been very competitive all year long all over the country. Btw you can still support the series and watch live on ppv if I'm not mistaken. Not sure if you are part of the Midwest fan base that didn't support the OConners at Gas City for ISW on the make up nite, but if you are you lost all credibility.

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish, GRAYBEARD, opnwhlmnd, robert gatten, tirespinner
10/15/17, 10:15 PM   #8
Rpracing1

I bet the fine folks on the west coast that pack their speedways to see the cars and stars of the USAC NATIONAL Sprint Car Series,probably do not share your sentiments.
Last edited by Rpracing1; 10/15/17 at 10:36 PM.

10/16/17, 12:48 AM   #9
openwheelfan1

One way to look at it is this: what is more fair than taking the points battle to a track(s) that is/are mostly unfamiliar to the participants? It means that the victors will be the TEAM that figures it out the quickest and the best.

There is certainly an argument to be made that the points battle should be decided where the bulk of the fan base resides, but there is a decent non wing fan base in Arizona and California, and what better way to increase both the fan base and participation level than to take the best product available to them so that they can experience it?

10/16/17, 1:11 AM   #10
revjimk

California is the only other state with weekly nonwing racing, & they deserve a big National show. Plus the weather is still good for racing late in the year
Quit complaining & buy a plane ticket or get PPV (its available, no?)

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lets go West.