IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > the announcement
10/17/17, 8:22 AM   #11
addictedtodirt

I was there, brought a first timer too, and the speakers in turn 4 were hit and miss. Didn't hear a lot about the 2 day show,or much of the post race interviews, but did see a flyer that was being handed out in the stands. Thank you for the open pits before the race. Really nice to add that to my buddies first trip there.

4 members like this post: flagboy55, Kydehart, Simon_says17, tirespinner
10/17/17, 8:46 AM   #12
Re: the announcement
dave

could not here anything from the PA. the food was limited and not very good. I suppose that was the fair deal. Have for years wondered how that place stays a racetrack. Glad it is though.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, tirespinner
10/17/17, 10:22 AM   #13
Kydehart

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackenterprises View Post
That is correct, Kydehart. By chance, where were you at during the announcement. Just curious so we can check the speakers, etc. before next year.
Not necessarily your guys fault, although I appreciate your concern. I was in the pits walking towards turn 4 and there was some engine noise happening. Thanks for putting on a great show. Can't wait for next season.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, tirespinner
10/17/17, 10:26 AM   #14
Kydehart

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
could not here anything from the PA. the food was limited and not very good. I suppose that was the fair deal. Have for years wondered how that place stays a racetrack. Glad it is though.
Did you see the product on track? That's how. Because it is a racetrack. An iconic one. Great race. Hope next year to see champ cars, winged and non wing races there thanks to this new doubleheader weekend.

10/17/17, 10:38 AM   #15
PAW

I'll be there on that Friday night for the USAC show. Y'all can have the Outlaws on Saturday night cuz that's just going to be Follow the Leader how fast can we go!

10/17/17, 5:06 PM   #16
staggerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAW View Post
I'll be there on that Friday night for the USAC show. Y'all can have the Outlaws on Saturday night cuz that's just going to be Follow the Leader how fast can we go!
I'll predict 50% increase in fans for Woo then USAC. It's not sold as the greatest show on dirt for nothing.

10/17/17, 5:45 PM   #17
Re: the announcement
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerman View Post
I'll predict 50% increase in fans for Woo then USAC. It's not sold as the greatest show on dirt for nothing.
Agree the Outlaws draw good crowds, but they won't draw 50% more than last Saturday. There wouldn't be room. It was a real good crowd.

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, dirt330, flagboy55, Kydehart
10/17/17, 6:21 PM   #18
Kydehart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Agree the Outlaws draw good crowds, but they won't draw 50% more than last Saturday. There wouldn't be room. It was a real good crowd.
Great to see such a good crowd for track enterprises and usac for mitrescheduling this event! I hope to go to the WoO show and go down to the infield for hotlaps and get my breath taken away by the Speed. If the track is as good as it was Saturday it should be incredibly fast!

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55
10/17/17, 7:52 PM   #19
sw1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackenterprises View Post
That is correct, Kydehart. By chance, where were you at during the announcement. Just curious so we can check the speakers, etc. before next year.

Thanks for asking. I was in the east end of the bleachers and did not hear that announcement. Only went to the john once. Was using earplugs during racing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > the announcement