IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Big Game Hunter (Offline)
  #21 10/16/17 7:14 PM
USAC also takes off a month after the Lawrenceburg race to go out to out West to race So there is a whole month of more racing in the Midwest
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #22 10/16/17 7:47 PM
9 Likes: bobO, BrentTFunk, Dirtfan, erich45, fish, Pat O'Connor Fan, Scott Daloisio, tirespinner, TQ97
Kydehart (Offline)
  #23 10/16/17 8:57 PM
Originally Posted by david mitchell:
How about the last usac race of season at Kokomo and call it the Bryan Clauson Classic.Any arguments.
Plenty of arguments in almost every post. Already a great BC tribute race at Kokomo too. Also I wonder why it is that you and others that agree with you feel entitled to have the championship deciding race in Indiana. We aren't any better than the fans anywhere else. Worse probably because we're spoiled...
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Jbaldwin, Kansasdirtfan, tirespinner
Kydehart (Offline)
  #24 10/16/17 9:00 PM
Originally Posted by Kydehart:
Plenty of arguments in almost every post. Already a great BC tribute race at Kokomo too. Also I wonder why it is that you and others that agree with you feel entitled to have the championship deciding race in Indiana. We aren't any better than the fans anywhere else. Worse probably because we're spoiled...
This wasn't meant to bash any of us Midwest fans. I only meant that we don't always show up, because there's always next week!
5 Likes: bobO, BrentTFunk, flagboy55, interpreter66, tirespinner
Big Game Hunter (Offline)
  #25 10/17/17 7:31 AM
Yeah the LOW at Terre Haute was about 70 degrees on this past Saturday night. I'm not saying the weather is awesome here I have been to races here in the Midwest that in May it was 40 to 50 degrees at night and the were still racing it's just the rain you have to worry about
rpedersen20 (Offline)
  #26 10/17/17 7:42 PM
I never minded seeing the season end at Winchester for the sessions race. I say bring that back.

After many of his wins Stanbrough’s fans can be heard chanting “King of Indiana.” - quote from onedirt.com
2 Likes: flagboy55, Josh Spencer
revjimk (Offline)
  #27 10/17/17 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by david mitchell:
I know Brent,its not about you or me.its about a fan base.That fan base is not in Arizona and California.It is here in Indiana,Illinois,and Ohio.I don’t care if the points lead is big or if its decided.But it really grates to support all year,and then have it taken out west to decide Champion.
Grant is ahead by 29 pts., 5 races left. Each position is worth 3 pts., meaning Windom will have to beat Grant by a total of 10 positions, or an average of 2 positions each nite.... hmmm?
I would be impressed....
I just retired, this has me thinking about driving there from Denver... I can skip L.A. completely!
HDINDY (Offline)
  #28 10/18/17 6:53 AM
Originally Posted by rpedersen20:
I never minded seeing the season end at Winchester for the sessions race. I say bring that back.
Your gonna get him started on the single car for pavement and dirt again.