IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Vintage Classifieds > 1977 TonyDiaz Sprint Car / Super Modified
11/9/15, 2:37 PM   #1
1977 TonyDiaz Sprint Car / Super Modified
Marcahenry

Built in 1977 by Tony Diaz of Albuquerque, New Mexico, reputedly for a member of the Unser family, this car spent its competitive racing life as a sprint car. In 2009, Mr. Darryl Wood of Iowa restored/converted the car to a super modified, its current form. The four bar chassis and the aluminum bodywork are all powdercoated orange. The engine was inspected prior to my purchase (in 2010) and was found to be in good (used perhaps once or twice) condition. The car has new Hoosiers, Keizer wheels with bead locks, new nerf bars, bumpers and kick outs. Every Heim is new as are the hoses and ends and the fuel cell). The engine (SBC out to 400 c.i.) has Brownfield aluminum heads, Hilborn injection, wet sump, Joe Hunt magneto and Schoenfeld headers. Drive goes through an in/out box to a Halibrand QC rearend. There is a single disc brake on the rear axle and another on the left front. Power steering is by Profile. There is an old style (low back) driver's seat and belts which were new when I purchased the car and should certainly be inspected or replaced if the new owner intends to demonstrate the car. Fuel and coolant lines need to be hooked up, water and methanol added and it is ready to go. I purchased the car intending to demonstrate it. The car has never been fired during my ownership, just stored in my shop. My dad and I have now gotten into vintage motorcycles and the car isn’t being enjoyed correctly.
$10,000.

Please call Henry at 916-217-2508 The car is located in Sacramento CA
Attached Images
01.jpg (713.8 KB, 228 views)
02.jpg (728.8 KB, 222 views)
03.jpg (738.4 KB, 198 views)

10/16/17, 1:29 AM   #2
Re: 1977 TonyDiaz Sprint Car / Super Modified
Gary Perkins

Still for sale?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Vintage Classifieds > 1977 TonyDiaz Sprint Car / Super Modified