IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Would you go?
5/12/20, 12:31 AM   #51
SoIllSprinter

I am high risk, not due to age but to an underlying condition. I would not jeopardize my health or the health of others for entertainment.

5/12/20, 5:52 AM   #52
Re: Would you go?
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids59 View Post
Absolutely yes. As it stands right now the state of Missouri is setting the example, it appears. I'm with Andrew S. to some level, about burn out. We still check the weather religiously and had planned on going this weekend to Lake Ozark speedway but I think mother nature will win this one. I agree with Mr. Short and pray we haven't been used as pawns for the feds to bail us out here in Illinois.
I had been looking at Lake Ozark for awhile for a new track,but the thought of driving 6 hours or so to get there for one race really isnt worth it to me anymore. Still been hoping to get back to Pevely for another USAC race. I waited a long time for the first one and it lived up to my expectations,so I'd go to another one no problem. Even then it'd be nice to have another race to go to to make the traveling worthwhile.

Hope all is well over there,havent seen you folks in ages.....

5/12/20, 7:42 AM   #53
Joe Schaub

I haven't missed a day of work during this #dempanic being I was deemed an essential worker. That said, you open a track up and I'll call off sick from work and be there. Racing isn't just "a bunch of people turning left" as it is an addiction to the sights, sounds, smells of the atmosphere of the track and just a group of some the best damn people you'll ever know.

5/12/20, 8:18 AM   #54
dshort36

Depends on where you get your facts and numbers.

5 members like this post: chrismattlin, Dirtfan, flagboy55, Ken Bonnema, skids59
5/12/20, 9:47 AM   #55
racenut69

I consulted my thesaurus...LOL!...BTW,I need to return to work first...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
Where did you come up with a word like visceral Racenut? I know that word is way out of your vocabulary

I won’t go, but that’s more due to burnout than any other reason. I no longer look at the weather 21 times a day on race day or text Bob & Monica for a trackside weather report, but I used to when I had the racing bug bad.

I did go to a cruise in on Saturday night, and there were more cars and people than I have ever seen there. I did take note there were lots of older people missing. They are the ones that own older muscle cars and the like. Quite a few in my age group ( late 50’s) and quite a few in younger age groups. Lots of newer cars, Mustangs, Challengers, Camaros etc.

I didn’t mind going there, as I could keep distanced for the most part. I have hand sanitizer in my old truck and gloves, more for refueling than anything else. I’m also an essential employee working alone now mostly for social distancing, and I have all the above in my work truck too.
Last edited by racenut69; 5/12/20 at 9:58 AM.

2 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, luckybuc97
5/12/20, 10:49 AM   #56
JarrettFarms73

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoIllSprinter View Post
I am high risk, not due to age but to an underlying condition. I would not jeopardize my health or the health of others for entertainment.
I’m not sure i understand... Are you advocating for tracks to ban cigarettes, alcohol, low nutrition foods like cheeseburgers and ice cream or just the sale of pit passes to the general public?

The problem with self-righteousness is that eventually, it makes a hypocrite of us all.

5/12/20, 11:06 AM   #57
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Wall to wall seating like the Kings Royal? No.

Regular show where at most tracks you have some elbow room. Hell yes.

I got every risk factor there is and you got no clue what's going to get you and win.

I'd rather die having lived, Than die sitting around rotting inside of worry, fear and loneliness. Other than NYC area the death rate of those who get it is about 1-100,000 who get it. I don't know why some people get so bad and apparently neither do the doctors While risk factors are a player, That's not what's making some people's immune systems overreact and drown the with pneumonia.

You are never safe. Flu about got me two years ago when about 84,000 died of it 2017-18 and nothing was shut down, never even made the news other than a few schools shut down for a couple weeks here and there. You are never safe, I see friends and family battle cancer for years and even had a friend who it took him in 3 months flat.at 22 years old.

Come memorial day with high temps and humidity. The bug is almost nontransferable unless you sit together in a air condition room.

Im not a doctor, But I can say. This stay at home crap isn't living. And they have people so scared, they won't go to the Dr. They are finding people at their homes dead from heart attacks, strokes and flu because either they were too scared to go or the dr.s wouldn't see them in person.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/12/20 at 11:07 AM.

5/12/20, 12:54 PM   #58
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
I would go! I went To Lincoln the week before the lock down. If not for the lock down I'd not have missed a single race.
I was there too & had fun. But the virus probably hadn't gotten to South Central Pa. yet. I went a crowded dance in Philly the night before. Nobody got sick. We were lucky!

1 member likes this post: Ken Bonnema
5/12/20, 1:00 PM   #59
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
I would go in a second and I haven’t been scared since the start of it. My job is still going good and like others said I’m not going to live life in fear! I think it’s a damn shame this country has turned into a bunch of sissy’s like half of them have turned into! More people die in car accidents then they do from this virus and we didn’t take everyone’s keys away.
Some of you guys are bragging about how brave you are & calling others "living in fear" or "sissies". What you refuse to see is that asymptomatic people can carry the virus & infect others. You might feel perfectly OK, & then kill your family members, friends, or co-workers. I'm perfectly willing to defend myself against other humanoids. You can't punch out a virus... GET IT???

4 members like this post: captrat, Ken Bonnema, Pitdad, TQ29m
5/12/20, 2:41 PM   #60
fishnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Some of you guys are bragging about how brave you are & calling others "living in fear" or "sissies". What you refuse to see is that asymptomatic people can carry the virus & infect others. You might feel perfectly OK, & then kill your family members, friends, or co-workers. I'm perfectly willing to defend myself against other humanoids. You can't punch out a virus... GET IT???
My thoughts exactly. 5 weeks ago I would have said I'm going no matter what. now after watching my wife fight this sickness for a month and just now starting to feel better, no way. She had not been anywhere for close to 4 weeks before catching it ( working from home). Tested positive after feeling symptoms for 5 days. She works for UC Health, tested asap. Most likely source was me. Asymptomatic. For now I will just keep memories of Stanbrough at Kokomo, Clayton at Haubsaudt, trip to Lincoln in PA and others in my head. when the coast is clear, then I will be at the track

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Would you go?