IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Would you go?
5/11/20, 8:55 AM   #1
Would you go?
flagboy55

Let’s say that the state government said that starting this Friday, they would open up with no restrictions. The racing schedule immediately goes back to it’s original plan and we’ve got the Allstars at Gas City and Kokomo, along with every other race track starting their regular shows. Would you go and a brief thought behind your answer?

5/11/20, 9:35 AM   #2
Re: Would you go?
Midget98

Yes.

I went to Walmart last weekend and probably was exposed to more people than I would be at the track. This virus is either so bad that EVERYTHING should be shut down or it isn't. Apparently, it just isn't. Drive past any Menards, Lowes, Walmart on a Saturday morningand tell me how the crowds are fine there, but not at the small local shops and stores that have far fewer customers. It's an absolute joke and I'm sick of the government trying to tell me how to live my life, especially when there is no sense to what is actually taking place.

5/11/20, 9:40 AM   #3
racenut69

Yes I would go..Racing is a visceral experience that can never replicated by video game...I want to see,hear and smell all the action!

5/11/20, 9:50 AM   #4
Stevensville Mike

No, I wouldn't. I am going to sit out for awhile until we see what happens over the Summer across the country. But I think I am writing 2020 off.

I know there are a lot of people willing to, and needing to do so with respect to getting back to a society that we were four months ago, and I hate to say it, but they are winding up in a guinea pig role as I see it. I hope they all come through fine, of course, but it is a risk I am not willing to take just right now.

Hope all is well out the Gary way, '55. We are doing just fine. One is going a little stir crazy, but fine.

5/11/20, 9:50 AM   #5
The Old Coyote

I will go as soon as the track opens. Tail gating watching the races, the whole nine yards. Enough is enough!

5/11/20, 9:51 AM   #6
DJlives

No. Not yet. I'm in a risk group and routinely interact with healthcare professionals and researchers

5/11/20, 10:18 AM   #7
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut69 View Post
Yes I would go..Racing is a visceral experience that can never replicated by video game...I want to see,hear and smell all the action!
Where did you come up with a word like visceral Racenut? I know that word is way out of your vocabulary

I won’t go, but that’s more due to burnout than any other reason. I no longer look at the weather 21 times a day on race day or text Bob & Monica for a trackside weather report, but I used to when I had the racing bug bad.

I did go to a cruise in on Saturday night, and there were more cars and people than I have ever seen there. I did take note there were lots of older people missing. They are the ones that own older muscle cars and the like. Quite a few in my age group ( late 50’s) and quite a few in younger age groups. Lots of newer cars, Mustangs, Challengers, Camaros etc.

I didn’t mind going there, as I could keep distanced for the most part. I have hand sanitizer in my old truck and gloves, more for refueling than anything else. I’m also an essential employee working alone now mostly for social distancing, and I have all the above in my work truck too.

5/11/20, 10:36 AM   #8
Fisher
Banned

Anyone who answers "No" to this question needs to turn off the TV and turn on the critical thinking.

5/11/20, 11:11 AM   #9
HDbill

Yes, in a heart beat. I am in the "high risk group" (by a lot!). I think that the original deal was very serious. And too little was done too late. And nothing can change that now. But after 6 weeks in "isolation"; I am good. I will use hand sanitizer more frequently now, just because. Life is good. But we have all been "in detention" WAY TOO LONG. It looks like big cities might still have some lingering problems. But most race tracks are in at the middle nowhere. So I am fully ready to get a haircut, get back to living life like it was last January (another great time at the chili Bowl - and no I didn't get the flu- but it did use hand sanitizer). I want to continue to enjoy all the pleasures of life for as long as I can. And can't wait to get back to spending time with my friends at the races. Stay well fellow open wheelers. See you at the track.

5/11/20, 11:19 AM   #10
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
Anyone who answers "No" to this question needs to turn off the TV and turn on the critical thinking.
I answered no and I don’t even watch tv. It just not a priority now as it once was. I only have a few “have to see races” these days. Used to think I had to see them all, and I did a pretty good job of that for awhile.....

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Would you go?