IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Daugherty Speedway Racing
5/10/20, 9:28 PM   #51
Re: Daugherty Speedway Racing
cornerthree

But what about the dreaded user fees. Another way of taxing people without saying it.

1 member likes this post: Ken Bonnema
5/10/20, 10:18 PM   #52
duel

And I think living in Michigan is bad these days. We are going to lose our usac and boss shows in June up here at I96. I applaud the Sherrif's response and fully support this promoter/owner for what he tried to do. Again, no one is dragging people from their homes to go to an event. But here in locked down M they are now sending out people to talk to people they may have known to have this virus. It's time to open things up!

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, Indy1808
5/10/20, 10:38 PM   #53
Rpracing1

Is this Avon Open guy a PR guy for Daugherty? Seemed to be posting a lot of information out there in early posts? Asking for a friend.

5/10/20, 10:51 PM   #54
chrismattlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
As much as I would have liked to race sounds like Daugherty should have stuck a sock in his mouth and let things be. Just maybe the race might have flown under the radar of state officials. Still it was likely he may have been shut down anyway. I under stand what he tried to do standing up for right. I was only going to help a friend with his Mod. Many around the state in the racing community know the dude is a big mouth @$$. So it's really no surprise he shot his mouth off and look what happen. Made him self look like an even bigger d!ck.

Hope racing returns to Indiana soon. See ya all at a track near you.
If that's the case, you have a very valid view point. I know zero about the guy. I just wish someone, somewhere would stand up just a little bit these days. It's depressing, almost.

This is not political, but societal:
How long, and far do these extraordinary, and extralegal, circumstances go? Most of what we are going through in reaction to any virus is totally unprecedented. I'm honestly curious what people here think because I respect every person here. When does this state of emergency end; what is our goal post?

Here where I'm located, things have been somewhat "normal": seems to be regular traffic in the afternoons with everyone out doing their shopping, getting takeout, the fast food drive-thru lines are miles long, and the liquor stores are like New Years Eve 7 days a week. The Mayor of Cincinnati not long ago admitted that "authorities" couldn't prohibit any citizen from having a private "gathering" of 10 people or less, so long as they were "reasonably" observing "social distancing". The result is, is that everyone is now just having small get-togethers (constantly) like nothing is going on. Almost like it didn't happen. Except that all the small businesses are closed. Your local tavern is closed, and may never reopen. And lots of people are on the brink of losing everything.

4 members like this post: duel, Indy1808, Ken Bonnema, TQ29m
5/10/20, 11:27 PM   #55
captrat

A virus does not recognize borders or time frames. Patience, and science.

5 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, EBookerFan, Ken Bonnema, rick42, TQ29m
5/11/20, 1:12 AM   #56
duel

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
At the risk of being quaritined by Mrs. G for a while... It depends on what scientific theory is correct and what news feed you believe. As for patience I for one have run out of it after 2 months. The cure they have is hurting more than the virus. Stay home if you wish.

5/11/20, 4:11 AM   #57
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
This is interesting reading on the other end of things,so to speak.

https://www.centralmaine.com/2020/04...SehJB1N0nKmhlI

4 members like this post: mc/rider, racenut69, skids59, Steve Wendel
5/11/20, 10:05 AM   #58
The Old Coyote

...sheriffs are our last line of defense against tyranny...
Not true, the Second Amendment is our last line of defense against tyranny.

5/11/20, 12:45 PM   #59
Avon Open Wheel fan

Not a PR Guy but a fan of all racing and I had announced at Daugherty a couple years ago. I hope to see some racing soon and I won't get into ******** and can't blame any promoter for wanting to open up their tracks.

www.illinimidgets.com

5/11/20, 1:36 PM   #60
JarrettFarms73

“This is interesting reading on the other end of things,so to speak.” 😆 🤣

I’m no expert and could be way off base here but i read that and think we’re flushing away our best chance for building herd immunity by over-isolating 1. We know more people have it than actually have symptoms. 2. This study says the quarantined study group is showing a reduction of the virus but we don’t have any credible data about reinfection rates and what an adequate antibody count should be.... Sorry, what i meant to say was: i like HOT CHICS and FAST CARS!

2 members like this post: Jtravels, racer-x
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Daugherty Speedway Racing