IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Top 10 Thread Andy Quinn
4/5/20, 11:22 AM   #1
Top 10 Thread Andy Quinn
Sprintcarfanatic

Andy "My Man" Quinn said he wants to go back to Moler so he can count it. I know you were there and seen cars on the track. So count it !!! What is the criteria for that anyways ?

I thought Moler was very similar to Limaland. Like to go back myself but Friday's are out unless I took a vacation day.

Can't believe you never been there especially when they ran the Buckeye Nationals.

1 member likes this post: Andrew S. Quinn
4/5/20, 12:41 PM   #2
Re: Top 10 Thread Andy Quinn
Andrew S. Quinn

I Just looked at my list,and I did add it,but really I would feel better about it if we had seen more than 2 heats. There were people from all over there that night hoping to add it to their list/watch sprint cars there etc,myself included. I see it was on the BOSS schedule earlier this year,so maybe I'll try for it again. I left early at work when I went over last time,so would do the same again.

I never made it to the Buckeye Nationals as I was still living in Maine,and back then I just did one big trip around the Knoxville Nationals,and trips to Pennsylvania mixed in. Back then I thought I was doing well if I saw 30 sprint car races per year,as its a 9 hour drive to Williams Grove from Norway,Maine. Luckily there were a lot more races to watch when I got down there. Every other time Limaland has had something I wanted to see,the weather has been iffy,etc etc...
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 4/5/20 at 12:44 PM.

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
4/6/20, 5:49 PM   #3
Sprintcarfanatic

I think we woulda seen a Fantastic Feature. What I seen in those heats were excellent.

The bad thing about Limaland now is the only "premier" they have is the Speedweek show. other than that you'd have to come to a Boss show. Hopefully 1 day !!!

4/6/20, 8:18 PM   #4
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintcarfanatic View Post
I think we woulda seen a Fantastic Feature. What I seen in those heats were excellent.

The bad thing about Limaland now is the only "premier" they have is the Speedweek show. other than that you'd have to come to a Boss show. Hopefully 1 day !!!
Thats why I wanted to go back over. The 2 heats were pretty good. I see they have a few nights scheduled there for BOSS and one at Lima next month if we can finally go watch some races. Might be the time to add Lima to my race track list....

http://www.buckeyesprints.com/schedule.html

4/7/20, 3:06 PM   #5
kb78

When the World of Outlaws ran there for the Doty race I thought it was one of the must see races of the year!! I too went to the Buckeye Nationals there back in the day and I have hit a few BOSS shows since. To be fair even a weekly show is pretty decent there but they seem to cancel very quickly if the weather is questionable. My favorite place to watch there is to pay the extra money and go to the pits, then I like to stand along the fence in the backstretch, different perspective.

1 member likes this post: Andrew S. Quinn
4/7/20, 3:54 PM   #6
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb78 View Post
When the World of Outlaws ran there for the Doty race I thought it was one of the must see races of the year!! I too went to the Buckeye Nationals there back in the day and I have hit a few BOSS shows since. To be fair even a weekly show is pretty decent there but they seem to cancel very quickly if the weather is questionable. My favorite place to watch there is to pay the extra money and go to the pits, then I like to stand along the fence in the backstretch, different perspective.
Going there has been a plan B,C or D in the past. Problem is,if the races get rained out in Indiana,chances are they will get rained out there too. I think the one time I actually planned on going over it rained out.

One time we were at Bloomington for a USAC race early in the year,and it rained out early afternoon. Plenty of time to look for alternates,as I had Fridays off back then. After checking the weather and deciding Lima didnt look that good, I ventured off for about a 6 hour drive to Burlington Iowa for a winged race. As luck would have it Jesse Hockett was there,as he detoured there after hearing Bloomington rained out. Early in .the feature,Hockett spun and stopped on the back stretch. I kind of figured he not going to finish very well ,but he restarted and slide jobbed his way into 2nd place at the finish way behind winner Johnny Herrera. I told Jesse when he got out of the car that I hated to say it,but I was glad he spun,and with that drive it made the long drive over worthwhile.....

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Top 10 Thread Andy Quinn