IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Ballou focuses on 2020 return
11/6/19, 5:40 PM   #1
Usac: Ballou focuses on 2020 return
admin

11/6/19 4:52 PM BALLOU FOCUSES ON 2020 RETURN

http://usacracing.com/news/sprint-ca...on-2020-return

BALLOU FOCUSES ON 2020 RETURN

By: Petersen Media

Still recovering from a broken arm endured on June 23, Robert Ballou had high hopes of making his return to USAC as the series heads West to end the 2019 season. Unfortunately, the heeling process is taking longer than expected and Ballou will be unable to make the trip as he now looks towards 2020.

“I am pretty bummed to not be able to get out West and race in front of so many friends, as well as my family,” Robert Ballou said. “The recovery process is going well. It is just taking longer than we thought to get full strength back. My doctors have been great, I am pain free, it is just a long process from what was a pretty brutal injury.”

Through the 2019 season, Ballou and his Robert Ballou Motorsports team lost long time sponsor Harry Dickinson of Dickinson Farms whom passed away back on April 10. Ballou and company would like to send one final farewell to him and thank him for support ‘The Mad Man’ over the years.

“It was sad to lose Harry back in April, we wanted to race a couple more times to honor him, but it wasn’t mean to be,” Ballou added. “I’d also like to thank all of my partners for their continued support. 2019 didn’t go as planned by any means, but I will be back and better come 2020.”

While he continues the road to recovery, Ballou is also finalizing his 2020 plans, so be on the lookout for an announcement from the Rocklin, Calif. native.

11/6/19, 8:11 PM   #2
Re: Usac: Ballou focuses on 2020 return
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 22

Second half of the season we surely missed you. Looking forward to see you running up front and surgically slicing through lapped traffic again like at Bloomington.

11/6/19, 8:33 PM   #3
jonboat15

Get well and get after it in 2020!

11/7/19, 8:34 AM   #4
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Madman 20/20 kinda sounds like something from my past. Would make a great t shirt!

11/7/19, 9:54 AM   #5
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Second half of the season we surely missed you. Looking forward to see you running up front and surgically slicing through lapped traffic again like at Bloomington.

Not sure Surgically Slicing are quite the words that RB wants to hear anymore..........

Best in 20 Madman!

11/7/19, 2:17 PM   #6
i love dirt track racing

Only the best for Robert Ballou motorsport in 2020. Looking forward to seeing you guys at the winter nationals in February. Go get you another usac championship.
Last edited by i love dirt track racing; 11/7/19 at 2:27 PM.

2 members like this post: jonboat15, tirespinner
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Ballou focuses on 2020 return