IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Night Before the 500
4/1/20, 4:15 PM   #1
Night Before the 500
axman897

I'm surprised no one beat me to this... http://www.lucasoilraceway.com/events/night-before-500/

$10 grand to the winner of the sprint feature and $1 grand to the winner of the midget feature. If this is an April Fools joke, I hope it rains for a month straight in Brownsburg....

2 members like this post: duel, treecitytornado
4/1/20, 7:10 PM   #2
treecitytornado

Sprint Purse is definitely decent, but the Midget purse is only $1000 to Win & $50 to start.

I sure hope that Midget Purse is an April fool's joke! Nobody with a nice Midget will get it out for that purse at IRP!
Last edited by treecitytornado; 4/1/20 at 7:12 PM.

5 members like this post: erich45, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, WinglessLovers
4/1/20, 7:19 PM   #3
diversified

They show the “Carb Nite Classic” on the LORP schedule for Friday August 21st as well, this is traditionally the Silver Crown race before the Indy 500. Wonder if it’s a contingency plan or it’s a done deal and USAC just hasn’t announced it yet?

Silver Crown on the Duquoin mile on Saturday the 22nd of August

4/1/20, 8:25 PM   #4
Re: Night Before the 500
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by diversified View Post

Silver Crown on the Duquoin mile on Saturday the 22nd of August
Actually the Silver Crown division is scheduled at Springfield on August 22nd.

2 members like this post: erich45, jdull99
4/1/20, 8:46 PM   #5
axman897

It would be a super quick turnaround for the teams, especially with Springfield being a day race. I think practice usually begins at 10 or 11 am at Springfield.

4/1/20, 10:22 PM   #6
Non wing lover

Won't be there final night of smackdown.by the way how are they running the Indy 500 on August 23 isn't indycar at gateway the 22 nd?

4/1/20, 10:25 PM   #7
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non wing lover View Post
Won't be there final night of smackdown.by the way how are they running the Indy 500 on August 23 isn't indycar at gateway the 22 nd?
It was...they moved it to the 30th...let's hope there is racing by August at least...

https://www.indycar.com/Schedule

The most optimistic I can be about this is let's hope the July 4th race actly happens...all those b4, let's hope they get rescheduled by November sometime...if there is even any racing in 2020 (there has to be interstate travel allowed, etc and most importantly; the hospitals gotta be empty before a race would happen anywhere...I would think...but I know they aren't full EVERYWHERE in the country...right now anyway..)
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 4/1/20 at 10:38 PM.

2 members like this post: duel, jim goerge
4/1/20, 11:31 PM   #8
otgracing17

Smackdown is the 29th doesn’t conflict with this.... you’d also have to think the Terre Haute sprint and champ car races will be moved to the week of the 500 also... makes for a weird year where racing in Indiana almost picks up after sprint week rather than die down until Smackdown.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, PIT CART
4/2/20, 12:18 AM   #9
duel

I personally think we will start seeing racing in May. This country has to get back to some sort of normalcy soon. I love this night before 500 show they are planning. My deal is I plan to pay for as many people as I can afford this year for admissions to races I attend to try and get them to go.

4/2/20, 2:49 PM   #10
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by duel View Post
I personally think we will start seeing racing in May. This country has to get back to some sort of normalcy soon. I love this night before 500 show they are planning. My deal is I plan to pay for as many people as I can afford this year for admissions to races I attend to try and get them to go.
That would be nice but with State's shutdown for normally activity til at least then (June 10th in Virginia!) I wouldn't bet money them allowing race tracks opening as one of the 1st things to happen...sadly...

& I hope I'm wrong; but once the 500 got moved, I realized we were in for the long haul and idk if it's gona be much easier for short tracks to start up...we will find out...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 4/2/20 at 2:50 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Night Before the 500