IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
cwfan08 (Offline)
  #11 1/23/08 3:12 PM
Isnt there still a midget week race that night.. so what is going to happen.. the guys that are running midgets will be there.. and the guys that run sprints only will be in iowa?? That doesnt sound to fair to me..because USAC had conflicts last year as well.. idk.. im just putting my 2 cents into this topic:thumbsdown:
JanetH
  #12 1/23/08 3:21 PM
Rest easy...all your questions will be answered in the next couple of days..there will be NO conflict with any other race. Also, a couple of the more affluent (insert names here) teams are the ones that requested a chance to race for $30,000 rather than $2500. I'm sure the heat race goodies will still be doled out.
smbpreformance (Offline)
  #13 1/23/08 3:55 PM
This race has always had a sanction first it was SCRA then it went to TNT and now USAC........... so since the first race they have always paid a sanction fee the USAC one will not be that big of a shock to them
jjsprt92 (Offline)
  #14 1/23/08 5:07 PM
The only problem I see with this,Is know to run this event it will cost the owner's and drivers more money! First you will have to have a Hans device and a Radio,so those that dont have these wont be able to run. I would guess you would also have to get a Temp. license from USAC as well,as pay the entry fee?
Eagle14 (Offline)
  #15 1/23/08 6:46 PM
Originally Posted by Seadog:
That's the spirit!
"Apprehensively Optimistic..."...sound better Greg? :emote20:
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #16 1/23/08 8:35 PM
If you have never been to the "Ultimate Challenge" @ Osky, its one place you need to go.:thumb:

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Seadog (Offline)
  #17 1/24/08 9:12 AM
Originally Posted by Eagle14:
"Apprehensively Optimistic..."...sound better Greg? :emote20:
Now you're sounding like a politician.:emote20:
CTtoPA (Offline)
  #18 1/24/08 1:55 PM
As long as the format stays the same!!! If USAC gets in there and buggers up the 1 heat, 1 qualifier format then there's no need to go see the race anymore.
NJDMONEY
  #19 1/24/08 3:08 PM
Originally Posted by CTtoPA:
As long as the format stays the same!!! If USAC gets in there and buggers up the 1 heat, 1 qualifier format then there's no need to go see the race anymore.
Getting rid of that worthless TNT format will be the best thing to happen.
smbpreformance (Offline)
  #20 1/24/08 3:14 PM
Originally Posted by CTtoPA:
I can not remember what the format was before the TNT took over the NWWCS from the SCRA

Does anyone remember?