IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larson FIRED!!
4/14/20, 5:55 PM   #11
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget98 View Post
What has happened to this world? Who did he really offend? Is the world so screwed up that any and every stupid thing someone says must to be taken as the only thing that person thinks or believes? Does anyone really think that he is the only one in "NASCAR world" that has said this? Just because a "hot mic" caught his language, now he is unwelcome in civilized society? Get real! This is a bunch of garbage, just like the rest of NASCAR and what used to be something fun to watch. I had lost interest before, but this really puts it over the top for me. So long NASCAR. You won't be missed.
It’s called the Pussification of America it’s a real thing!

4/14/20, 6:30 PM   #12
Re: Larson FIRED!!
sp6967

i'm sure there's plenty of sprint car owners that would welcome him with open arms.

7 members like this post: Big Mike 7, chrismattlin, jim goerge, sc17x, skids59, sw1911, TNRustler
4/14/20, 6:32 PM   #13
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Finey Farms has stated they will still sponsor him.

WoO just released a statement that Kyle must pass sensitivity training and he will be allowed to compete upon completion. And that Kyles full time WoO team is under no restriction.

While I don't know if he'll be able to field a car for someone else. He's good enough that between winnings and merch sales he could probably be profitable in WoO.

My opinion is what he said was wrong and inexcusable. However I think the reaction is way over the top. Not even the chance given to make things right, Like setting up minority scholarships, community service in minority areas etc.

IDK, just a raw deal all around and I racing can do you know what to itself. There's other options.

4/14/20, 6:33 PM   #14
sp6967

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp6967 View Post
i'm sure there's plenty of sprint car owners that would welcome him with open arms.
i mean after this whole wuhan virus thing because the open arms thing. everybody knows what i mean.

3 members like this post: jdull99, jim goerge, Kinser11
4/14/20, 6:34 PM   #15
stockracer

I think this has a lot to do with Chip...He never has paid top dollar for his drivers...this is way he can separate himself without looking cheap...He could not or would not get into a bidding war for Kyle with Stewart or Hendricks...I am thinking McD's called and said we have a problem and Chip was thinking this is his way out, while keeping a sponsor..I also think mountain out of mole hill- Iracing? who really or how many watch?....and this will all be forgotten soon....Kyle maybe cheaper now for Stewart to sign but company's will want to be on a young winning car..either way....

4/14/20, 9:10 PM   #16
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpreter66 View Post
It’s called the Pussification of America it’s a real thing!
Word of the year

4/14/20, 10:46 PM   #17
chrismattlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockracer View Post
I think this has a lot to do with Chip...He never has paid top dollar for his drivers...this is way he can separate himself without looking cheap...He could not or would not get into a bidding war for Kyle with Stewart or Hendricks...I am thinking McD's called and said we have a problem and Chip was thinking this is his way out, while keeping a sponsor..I also think mountain out of mole hill- Iracing? who really or how many watch?....and this will all be forgotten soon....Kyle maybe cheaper now for Stewart to sign but company's will want to be on a young winning car..either way....
Chip pays Scott Dixon a boat load of $$$. McLaren came calling for Dixon not that long ago waving huge checks in his face... and he re-signed with CGR. Also, with 4 championships and 3 Indy 500 victories, I'm sure Dario Franchitti didn't come cheap either.
Last edited by chrismattlin; 4/14/20 at 10:47 PM.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, Leohr46
4/14/20, 11:51 PM   #18
stockracer

Dixon's salary is only around 4mil a year Kyle's is over twice that..Indy car doesnt pay....and would you leave anything to drive for Mclaren?

3 members like this post: interpreter66, jdull99, jim goerge
4/15/20, 12:06 AM   #19
Stevensville Mike

Oh, the irony......

McDonald's China apologizes for banning black people from a store
By Jordan Valinsky, CNN Business
Updated 11:56 AM ET, Tue April 14, 2020

New York (CNN Business)McDonald's is in damage control mode after a restaurant in China displayed a sign banning black people from the premises.

The sign, which recently circulated on social media, said the McDonald's location in Guangzhou has "been informed that from now on black people are not allowed to enter the restaurant."

The sign is "not representative of our inclusive values," McDonald's said in a statement. The sign was removed and the location was temporarily closed down. CNN has not yet been able to authenticate the video.

The industrial city has been steeped in racial tensions between Africans and locals. Recent warnings from Chinese officials about the rising number of imported coronavirus cases have stoked anti-foreigner sentiment. Africans in the southern Chinese city have been evicted from their homes by landlords and turned away from hotels, despite many claiming to have no recent travel history or known contact with Covid-19 patients.

McDonald's (MCD) said it will use the closure to "further educate managers and employees on our values, which includes serving all members of the communities in which we operate."

Guangzhou has long had the largest African community in China. Because many Africans in the city have short-term business visas, they travel into China several times a year, making it difficult to calculate the size of the African population the city. But in 2017, approximately 320,000 Africans entered or left China through Guangzhou, according to Xinhua.

This isn't the first time McDonald's garnered controversy overseas. Last November, it pulled an ad in Portugal that used the words "Sundae Bloody Sundae" to promote a Halloween dessert. Bloody Sunday is the name for the day in 1972 on which British soldiers shot unarmed protesters in Derry, Northern Ireland, during the Troubles -- resulting in 14 deaths.

The coronavirus has been detrimental McDonald's business this year. Last week, it reported that sales at restaurants open at least a year plunged more than 22% in March, led by a nearly 35% decline in its internationally operated markets.

--CNN's Rory Sullivan, Jenni Marsh, Shawn Deng and Nectar Gan contributed to this report.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/14/busin...rnd/index.html

3 members like this post: jdull99, jim goerge, TNRustler
4/15/20, 1:07 AM   #20
jdull99

^ I saw that headline & clicked on it too...was hoping it was an apology for their part in this whole Larson deal...but good point...very ironic...

There is smthn of the such from Lucas Oil too (who also severed their ties with Kyle)...it was circling FB & idk how to copy it, but Forest (or watver his name is) had some not so nice things to say a few years back...according to that info...I will leave it up to the IoW commentators if they believe it is true or not (I actly hope it was not)
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larson FIRED!!