IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > State fair races in jeopardy?
4/12/20, 2:18 PM   #21
Re: State fair races in jeopardy?
ISP1700

Its unfortunate that the media has put the fear of God in so many. Things need to open back up soon, or else the economic fallout will be far worse than the virus. I see a scenario where the vulnerable and elderly may choose to continue the self quarantine, but the rest want and need to get back to a reasonably normal life. This includes work and play. I forsee tracks back at it by June at the latest. The talk of 6-12 months isolation is ridiculous and not sustainable.

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, jdull99, PIT CART
4/12/20, 3:45 PM   #22
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISP1700 View Post
Its unfortunate that the media has put the fear of God in so many. Things need to open back up soon, or else the economic fallout will be far worse than the virus. I see a scenario where the vulnerable and elderly may choose to continue the self quarantine, but the rest want and need to get back to a reasonably normal life. This includes work and play. I forsee tracks back at it by June at the latest. The talk of 6-12 months isolation is ridiculous and not sustainable.
Lets hope you are right! - Personally, I know about 3/4 people that are scared, the rest of everyone I know & deal with are ready to go and accept the fact that there are risks around every corner, but they calculate those and leave their house and go about their business as they normally would/want too. I'm sure many of those will be at the race track or their entertainment of choice when allowed to be again!
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 4/12/20 at 3:52 PM.

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
4/12/20, 4:27 PM   #23
wing410fan

Race Count This Year: 2

If what I have heard is true, they are saying 2 or 3 year before a vaccine for the coronavirus is found.

1 member likes this post: axman897
4/12/20, 5:57 PM   #24
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Here's what I think......We're all Fu""ed.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
4/12/20, 9:10 PM   #25
ThePurple73

There is no quick back to normal. Be safe and be careful. Find multiple news sources.

4/13/20, 12:27 AM   #26
jdull99

I think a promoter should check with their local hospitals (making sure they aren't full) and open the gates...people will come . Have everyone sign a waiver, when they purchase their entry, the track isn't responsible for ANYTHING ...including whatever they might catch...if it's a dusty dirt track, maybe a good idea to wear a mask anyway...see how far you can get in the program...they can't arrest everyone on site...

& along the same accord - IN THE AREAS THE #S AREN'T HIGH - I think anyone & everyone that WANTS to work/has work to do this week, should go to work...

People can't seriously be ok with waiting for a Vac??? They still don't have one for even the common cold and every other form of flu...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
4/13/20, 12:41 AM   #27
kdobson

Quote:
I think a promoter should check with their local hospitals (making sure they aren't full) and open the gates...people will come . Have everyone sign a waiver, when they purchase their entry, the track isn't responsible for ANYTHING ...including whatever they might catch...if it's a dusty dirt track, maybe a good idea to wear a mask anyway...see how far you can get in the program...they can't arrest everyone on site...
Sounds like pretty easy money Mr. Barnum. There are a dozen or so closed tracks in Illinois right now. Hundreds in the Midwest. Find one, put your skin in it and execute.

Just stay away from Jacksonville, Illinois. I'd much rather mine still be open 2 years from now instead of 2 weeks from now.

4/13/20, 10:45 AM   #28
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Is it April 1st? Is this post a joke? Promoters are gonna check with local hospitals. Have everyone sign a waiver. They can't arrest everyone.

Where is your traditional LOL abbreviation in every post? I guess you are serious.

4/13/20, 11:27 AM   #29
captrat

I understand that we are all anxious to return to normality in our lives, however the blaming of media and ignoring the science of communicable disease does not serve either the racing community or our country well.

4/13/20, 12:44 PM   #30
kendirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
I understand that we are all anxious to return to normality in our lives, however the blaming of media and ignoring the science of communicable disease does not serve either the racing community or our country well.
Right, now's also a good time to reflect on what's truly important. Turns out automobile racing is not at the top of the list.

4 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, erich45, Pitdad, ronmil
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > State fair races in jeopardy?