IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > "...have fans back in stadiums and arenas by Aug/Sept"
4/5/20, 11:33 PM   #11
Re: "...have fans back in stadiums and arenas by Aug/Sept"
duel

A little more optimism, please. I received my lets race two tickets and now looking forward to that one..We will have been shut down this Easter Sunday for a month now. Let's get back to it my God.

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, i love dirt track racing
4/6/20, 1:48 AM   #12

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
There's a cure, But not enough to give 300 million in short period of time.
There's a vaccine, But it's a year out.
There's testing, But only enough for a few thousand a day. But unless your at the point of falling over, We can't test you. Go home, Call if it gets worse.

They'll be a time, Hello doc, I think I've got it. Here, take this for five days and come get tested or come if it gets worse.

Until then, WE WAIT.
I would agree that some or all of these need to be met or large gatherings will just reignite things and lockdowns will just be extended to avoid that.

That leaves us waiting for the cure or for it to spread through the whole population and burn out.

Personally I have faith in America to solve this faster then the estimates. And my hope is tracks promoters owners teams drives fans etc. have survived the economic mess when we get there.

2 members like this post: Big Mike 7, interpreter66
4/6/20, 8:46 AM   #13
popham

I to hope this all passes quickly. Pretty sure that there would not have been any races yet this year due to the weather. Last couple of weekends have either been wet or crappy enough most promoters would have called them off anyway. Maybe by the time the weather gets straightened out, so to will all the other issues effecting everyone.

1 member likes this post: Will Shunk
4/6/20, 10:03 AM   #14
motorhead748

If and when it does get started we may see some tracks open while others see how they’re doing.

4/6/20, 2:00 PM   #15
captrat

It will be awhile. The peak or apex is not an indicator that the virus is gone or even under control. It is a small sign that the virus could be receding, not gone. Keep in mind it is very difficult to make policy because the virus does not respect geography or demographics. I might get the go ahead from my community in FL, travel to IN, mix with a broad geographical group of people and still be infected. This is not a simple problem with easy and quick answers as much as we want it to be.

3 members like this post: interpreter66, kcarm92, opnwhlmnd
4/6/20, 9:28 PM   #16
jdull99

https://racer.com/2020/04/06/detroit...ycar-schedule/

Roger still hopes for June 6th...I'm assuming, by the phone call, any races in June/July would be without fans...

I have heard a lot of #s "peaked" April 1st...lets hope they really did and the descent is FAST...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > "...have fans back in stadiums and arenas by Aug/Sept"