IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Big LM news, affect on Sprints
6/20/16, 11:23 PM   #1
Big LM news, affect on Sprints
Blueracer123

So anyone see the big late models news from Eldora? http://www.nationalspeedsportnews.co...e-model-dream/

Just wondering what people think about a closer look at testing sprint car tires.

6/20/16, 11:48 PM   #2
Re: Big LM news, affect on Sprints
Tim Clauson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueracer123 View Post
So anyone see the big late models news from Eldora? http://www.nationalspeedsportnews.co...e-model-dream/

Just wondering what people think about a closer look at testing sprint car tires.
USAC has tested several A main winning tires this year.

2 members like this post: fish, rclaridge
6/20/16, 11:49 PM   #3
arctic monkey21

I'll let others weigh in on sprint car tires, but wow. For those not familiar with dirt late models, this suspension will knock Bloomquist out of the World 100 in September. It would be kind of like going to the Knoxville Nationals knowing that Donny Schatz wouldn't be in the field.

6/21/16, 12:24 AM   #4
JDK222

We had to give samples at Eldora after the win.

1 member likes this post: fish
6/21/16, 4:43 AM   #5
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic monkey21 View Post
I'll let others weigh in on sprint car tires, but wow. For those not familiar with dirt late models, this suspension will knock Bloomquist out of the World 100 in September. It would be kind of like going to the Knoxville Nationals knowing that Donny Schatz wouldn't be in the field.
Not surprising, he's been busted for soaking his tires multiple times. Won the same event last year and came up light at the scales.

As for testing and these violations, it should serve as an example to all drivers whether you're running sprints, mods, late models or something else. A 3 month ban, there went any hope at a championship for any of them and they're going to miss a lot of "Crown Jewel" events (World 100, Firecracker, etc) while they're at it.

6/21/16, 5:37 AM   #6
hoscalecody

Thing I don't get is why people don't want to follow the rules just to win I don't see how you would get the enjoyment winning when you're breaking rules as the enjoyment winning and being 100% legal. If you have to cheat to win then that must mean your not good enough to win even if you're Bloomquist but I know i'm going to get the response of "almost everyone cheats so why not."

3 members like this post: babcock14d, jdull99, kinser
6/21/16, 6:35 AM   #7
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

They still got go to go through the appeals process. And it wasn't because Bloomquist was soaking tires. He or a crew member used a tire that was had the HOOSIER letters taken off after the 2nd b-main scramble. I noticed this when the tire was put on as it happened right in front of me. Out of the 5 drivers he had the smallest fine at just over $6K and is most likely to get his suspension over turned. We will see in a few weeks how this all plays out. you would be surprised at how many late model guys are soaking tired. Probably about 80-90% of them are doing it in some way shape or form.

1 member likes this post: racer-x
6/21/16, 7:19 AM   #8
Blueracer123

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
They still got go to go through the appeals process. And it wasn't because Bloomquist was soaking tires. He or a crew member used a tire that was had the HOOSIER letters taken off after the 2nd b-main scramble. I noticed this when the tire was put on as it happened right in front of me. Out of the 5 drivers he had the smallest fine at just over $6K and is most likely to get his suspension over turned. We will see in a few weeks how this all plays out. you would be surprised at how many late model guys are soaking tired. Probably about 80-90% of them are doing it in some way shape or form.
The way I read the article the fine is a loss of all race winnings plus a $1,000 fine. Which would explain his lower fine than everyone else since he didn't make the feature.

6/21/16, 8:03 AM   #9
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueracer123 View Post
The way I read the article the fine is a loss of all race winnings plus a $1,000 fine. Which would explain his lower fine than everyone else since he didn't make the feature.
Yep that's how I took it as well. Guess will see how the appeals process works out for the five drivers.

6/21/16, 9:02 AM   #10
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

If you cheat and break the rules and get caught then you deserve what you get when it happens! Karma can bit you in the A## sometimes!

3 members like this post: dirt330, kinser, Unlucky#9
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Big LM news, affect on Sprints