Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2024 USAC Sprints
11/15/23, 9:17 PM   #1
2024 USAC Sprints
Vookie

May 31- June 1 Knoxville Raceway
June 11 Grandview Speedway.
June 22 Wilmot Raceway

Guy Smith posted on Facebook that USAC will be returning to Bridgeport and Kutztown for Eastern Storm.

11/16/23, 3:47 PM   #2
Re: 2024 USAC Sprints
Midget98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vookie View Post
May 31- June 1 Knoxville Raceway
June 11 Grandview Speedway.
June 22 Wilmot Raceway

Guy Smith posted on Facebook that USAC will be returning to Bridgeport and Kutztown for Eastern Storm.
Of all of the quality dirt tracks in Wisconsin, I just don't understand how Wilmot is the one they schedule. One of the best USAC sprint car races I've ever seen was in the late '90s at the 1/3 mile in Beaver Dam. Dave Darland in the Hoffman 69 , Kevin Doty, and Tony Elliot all trading the lead every corner for most of the race.
Last edited by Midget98; 11/16/23 at 3:50 PM.

3 members like this post: bighd0522, ginblueearth, oppweld
11/16/23, 4:59 PM   #3
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget98 View Post
Of all of the quality dirt tracks in Wisconsin, I just don't understand how Wilmot is the one they schedule. One of the best USAC sprint car races I've ever seen was in the late '90s at the 1/3 mile in Beaver Dam. Dave Darland in the Hoffman 69 , Kevin Doty, and Tony Elliot all trading the lead every corner for most of the race.
Isn't Beaver Dam a DirtVision track? There is your answer. I think I was at the race you talked about at Beaver Dam. Sprint midget double? First time I ever saw Josh Wise race. I went Wilmot this year for the first time. I liked the place. Raced real good.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 11/16/23 at 5:03 PM.

3 members like this post: flagboy55, John P Huss, NoDramazone2020
11/16/23, 6:51 PM   #4
Vookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I went Wilmot this year for the first time. I liked the place. Raced real good.
It's no Hales Corners.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jdull99, oppweld
11/16/23, 8:42 PM   #5
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget98 View Post
Simple explanation - Wilmot has developed a fan base with hosting the Wisconsin wingless series for the majority of their schedule. The rest of the Wisconsin tracks probably don’t have as much confidence that a USAC race will be cost effective. As the get off my lawn crowd often says about winged sprint and late model races in Indiana - if the promoters thought they could make money from scheduling them, they would.

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Grocery Guy, jdull99, mlamb, nathans1012
11/16/23, 10:49 PM   #6
Crankin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Isn't Beaver Dam a DirtVision track? There is your answer. I think I was at the race you talked about at Beaver Dam. Sprint midget double? First time I ever saw Josh Wise race. I went Wilmot this year for the first time. I liked the place. Raced real good.
Beaver Dam has 2-3 IRA races a year, and they’re all on Flo. So I don’t know if that’s a thing.
I’m sure they (USAC) will be at the Prairie the next night. They’re trying to give them a couple nights of racing, instead hauling up here for just one race. Should help car count…. In theory anyway.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier
11/17/23, 4:41 PM   #7
BrentTFunk

I think IRA races would be an easier sale, because of a lower purse and a local following. I hope to get back there next year. It was a good weekend, except the Prairie getting rained out.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
11/17/23, 4:43 PM   #8
yeleyfan76

Pretty sure Williams Grove is a dirtvision track but Usac runs there during eastern storm almost every year.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
11/17/23, 6:04 PM   #9
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Pretty sure Williams Grove is a dirtvision track but Usac runs there during eastern storm almost every year.
Not just Williams Grove. The dates where this happens were established before the streaming wars heated up. Let me know if any of those tracks add a High Limit race, or any new USAC races.

1 member likes this post: dirtybob29
11/17/23, 10:14 PM   #10
traderladd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vookie View Post
It's no Hales Corners.
Years ago we were coming back home from from Michigan. We came up behind a truck pulling a sprint car. Pulled up anlong side and hollered out the window where you racing at. He said Hales corner so we went to Hales corner and seen on heck of a race. Sammy and Steve went back and forth for the entire race. Was never in that area again for a race.

4 members like this post: dirtybob29, Ilovedirttrackracing, interpreter66, oppweld
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2024 USAC Sprints