IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rock Crest Raceway
9/22/21, 11:09 AM   #1
Rock Crest Raceway
RockCrestRaceway

New user here and have some sprint car buddies that told me about this website. Rock Crest Raceway (formally known as Twin Cities Raceway) has previously been bought out and has underwent a major promoter change. Located at 445 North Cr 25 East North Vernon Indiana. (812) 216-7544. If anyone is familiar with Brownstown, Jim Price is the new track owner and Rob Wilson is the new promoter. That being said we are hosting 2 more races for this year. October 1st and October 16th. Both nights will be racing 410 non wing. October 1st will be $1200 to win $200 to start. We have a Facebook page and you are more than welcome to call the number with any questions! Gates open at 3:30pm drivers meeting at 6 pm hot laps 6:30pm Racing 7pm. Thank you guys we’re excited for next year, we have some big changes coming. Spread the word as we will have more sprint shows next year.

9/25/21, 2:23 PM   #2
Re: Rock Crest Raceway
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

How did you decide on the name of the track?

3 members like this post: PIT CART, RockCrestRaceway, tirespinner
9/25/21, 4:20 PM   #3
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
How did you decide on the name of the track?
Maybe the street it's located on is Rock Crest?

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

4 members like this post: HurstBros0, mlamb, RockCrestRaceway, tirespinner
9/25/21, 6:21 PM   #4
streetstock29

It has been a lot of years since I have been there; however I do not think that is the case. I think is a county line road if I am not mistaken. Could have changed though. Wish them the best. First track I ever raced at.

4 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, oppweld, RockCrestRaceway, tirespinner
9/26/21, 3:08 AM   #5
RockCrestRaceway

Historically the road was called Rock Crest road. That’s how we came up with the name. We’re doing everything we absolutely can to ensure the best track for both drivers and fans. We know we have a lot of work ahead of us, but we want to turn the track around and make it fun and safe like it was in the glory days. New name, fresh start, better track. Hope to see everyone there. Big things to come next year!

9/26/21, 3:26 AM   #6
RockCrestRaceway

Also, there will be NO tire rule for these next two races. Due to the circumstances (tire shortage) however next year we will have a tire rule.

3 members like this post: fishnman, oppweld, tirespinner
9/26/21, 2:07 PM   #7
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Looking forward to checking ya out next year, and I’m sure I’m not the only one. Thanks for the response!!

9/28/21, 8:57 AM   #8
Eatin Dirt

I really hope this works out for you running sprints. In the past I have seen some great sprint racing there, the Sprint Week shows were always good racing.
I will be out of town for your 2 shows this fall, but will looking forward to next summer.

4 members like this post: chrismattlin, RedRacer07, RockCrestRaceway, tirespinner
9/28/21, 9:10 AM   #9
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Saw a great show there years ago, it was sprint week with TQ’s. Both were awesome!

4 members like this post: RockCrestRaceway, tirespinner, TNRustler, TQ29m
9/28/21, 3:17 PM   #10
RockCrestRaceway

Thank you all for the feedback. It means a lot. We’re tackling this thing head on. We really appreciate the positive attitude and we hope to see all you guys there.

5 members like this post: 95KART, Eatin Dirt, PJ Wright, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rock Crest Raceway