IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > let's race two
5/7/16, 9:20 AM   #41
Re: let's race two
arctic monkey21

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodramazone20 View Post
Great USAC show last night. Sliders all over the track....Track was old school Eldora, around the top, inches from the wall....Clauson was smart and made his move when it counted. Leary and Dutch will be strong all year long, great combination.

Woo was predictable...no passing ...winner goes flag to flag...blah blah blah
USAC was great, but if you fixated on Madsen then you missed a great deal of passing. Wilson moved up 16 spots in a flag to flag feature. There was a lot of action around 2nd to 10th the entire race. They said Clauson was hard charger in the USAC race advancing from 6th to the win and he got about half those in the first turn.

8 members like this post: Clydesdale, dkdorkboy, fish, flagboy55, flatout, Hotrod, PIT CART, RadRacer
5/7/16, 9:31 AM   #42
Sprintcarfanatic

But it was exciting to watch Kemenah come from 8th or 10th to finish 2nd.

Yes Blaney did take a pretty good ride. The lap before I said "Damn Dave" as he was close to the wall then. It was 1 of them when they just hammer the throttle.

Schatz went from 3rd to 10th which is a very rare thing.

Since I've seen the Late Models at Attica with the All Stars a couple of years ago the WOO & All Stars have adopted this group crap along with straight up heats from TT. If I see the guys in hotlaps that are going to be in the same heat I pretty much know how that going to turn out barring a crash or mechanical failure. Boring & overpriced entertainment.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
5/7/16, 10:38 AM   #43
cmiracingvids

I had a really great time at Eldora last night! How anyone can complain about the night at all is beyond me. The track was just like the old days, slick but a curb right on the wall. Watching all the drivers put it up next to the fence like that was awesome. When else can you see WoO AND USAC together on the same night?! Awesome job Eldora. I can't complain about any of the night...and I got home at 2:30am! It was worth it.

5/7/16, 11:40 AM   #44
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

Fun to watch the differences in WoO and USAC from the trailers to the race track. Thank you Eldora for having these races, really cool deal. Glad to see Dave Blaney is ok, very scary wreck.

Rich M

5/7/16, 11:52 AM   #45
Nate

Not a bad time last night, I thought the USAC show was pretty decent by Eldora standards.

As is usually the case we ended up sitting with a great group of people which made the night more enjoyable.

Would have liked to have gotten home a bit earlier but that's life when you have 80 cars and a long red flag period.

Glad Blaney is okay.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, PIT CART
5/7/16, 12:32 PM   #46
PIT CART

I really enjoyed the races last night. Glad to hear Blaney is ok also. My only question is does anyone else get flat tires within 24 hours of leaving that place?

5/7/16, 12:48 PM   #47
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIT CART View Post
I really enjoyed the races last night. Glad to hear Blaney is ok also. My only question is does anyone else get flat tires within 24 hours of leaving that place?
Depending on where you parked there's stuff all over the ground out there. Broken glass, stuff leftover from campsites, etc.

5/7/16, 12:50 PM   #48
arctic monkey21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIT CART View Post
Fortunately I haven't. I almost always park in the main lot off 118 if that helps any.

5/7/16, 1:13 PM   #49
flagboy55

Ok I'll take the 10h tonight,he was coming. So BC, and Kemenah for me. Getting to the track in about an hour and do some grilling. 94, gonna drive by the ballroom and see if I can spot you. Driving a grey ford windstar

5/7/16, 4:35 PM   #50
flagboy55

Finally caught up to gyatk94 and we are drinking zombie dust right out in front of the main gate, stop by and say hi

1 member likes this post: spicoli
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > let's race two