Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS Midget Week
6/10/14, 2:26 PM   #11
Re: LPS Midget Week
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheel7 View Post
This seems to be the remark from most on here, lol. I planned on going just never been for a midget week race. I've been to some midget races before where less than 20 was there just checking on what the knowledgeable folks think.
And you came here looking for knowledgeable folks? Just kidding. Car count to me is mostly hit and miss. I don't need quantity to make it a good show, I just want to see quality. I have seen 45-50 car shows that weren't that great while attending a 15 car show that was outstanding. With USAC being involved, 32 is the number most folks look at. That is the number they normally lock into 4 heat races. If you get a lot more than that, you have qualifiers which many times don't produce good racing and just puts more wear and tear on the track surface. Anything less can still produce great racing depending upon who shows up. I'm sure that helps you out a lot. Clear as mud right?

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cwfan08
6/10/14, 6:43 PM   #12
racenut69

You won't be disappointed and I've never been to In. Midget Week,unless Mom Nature is pizzy!..

6/10/14, 7:49 PM   #13
Onlydirt

Well the plan is to drag the family and enjoy the day. 2hrs is probably my limit Quinn~!

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, mowerman, racenut69
6/10/14, 8:09 PM   #14
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlydirt View Post
Well the plan is to drag the family and enjoy the day. 2hrs is probably my limit Quinn~!
You went to the Burg once ,

6/10/14, 11:13 PM   #15
BigWheel7

Race Count This Year: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
And you came here looking for knowledgeable folks? Just kidding. Car count to me is mostly hit and miss. I don't need quantity to make it a good show, I just want to see quality. I have seen 45-50 car shows that weren't that great while attending a 15 car show that was outstanding. With USAC being involved, 32 is the number most folks look at. That is the number they normally lock into 4 heat races. If you get a lot more than that, you have qualifiers which many times don't produce good racing and just puts more wear and tear on the track surface. Anything less can still produce great racing depending upon who shows up. I'm sure that helps you out a lot. Clear as mud right?

Well there is always at least one knowledgeable person to the 100 of us that arent, right?

Either way I plan to make it if that r word stays away.

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
6/11/14, 2:30 AM   #16
Onlydirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
You went to the Burg once ,
More than once Bob...just not more than 5 times lol

Waynesfield once also!

1 member likes this post: mowerman
6/11/14, 5:16 AM   #17
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
That was changed to 40 with ten car heats. Over that you have qualifiers

6/11/14, 9:51 AM   #18
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
That was changed to 40 with ten car heats. Over that you have qualifiers
I stand corrected. Didn't I tell you BigWheel7 about looking for knowledgeable people on IOW. Now you know where I rank in the 100.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
6/12/14, 6:48 AM   #19
BigWheel7

Race Count This Year: 2

Quote:
I stand corrected. Didn't I tell you BigWheel7 about looking for knowledgeable people on IOW. Now you know where I rank in the 100.
Hell I just post on a forum and complain about waiting around. I don't know anything at all.

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS Midget Week