IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
racenut69 (Offline)
  #11 9/14/18 10:52 AM
A forward-thinking promoter.....I love it.....Kudos to KDobson and J-ville!....

There is always room for one more in the corner! I'm disguised as a responsible adult!...
Michael Carter....
2 Likes: oppweld, racefan20
sprinter31 (Offline)
  #12 9/14/18 11:21 AM
I think this is a great idea Kenny! So does this mean that the NW sprint car deal is out the door. Just wondering.
kdobson (Offline)
  #13 9/14/18 1:36 PM
Yes. If we do the midget program we wouldn't also be doing the crate non-wing class. At least not in the immediate future.
mscs20 (Offline)
  #14 9/14/18 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by kdobson:
Yes. If we do the midget program we wouldn't also be doing the crate non-wing class. At least not in the immediate future.
I like the crate class idea. Steve Sinclair is making it work at Wilmot, and it's some good racing. I'd be there with a car.
Jonr (Offline)
  #15 9/14/18 11:31 PM
Valley Speedway in Grain Valley, Mo also has a midget class that they run on a regular basis for the past couple of years. It is even a sanctioned part of POWRi. The rules that I could find online look way lax. It is branded "Valley Outlaw" I believe that they have a bunch of different motor combinations in this group. They do not pay as much as you are suggesting. The car count is usually in the low teen range. Sometimes they have more sometimes they have less.

My love for midgets will take me to Valley almost everytime they run.
sprinter31 (Offline)
  #16 9/15/18 12:25 AM
We would put something together for it too Steve, just wish we had some where to call home in Illinois. LoL
Cobra 14 (Offline)
  #17 9/15/18 12:56 AM
Cheapest horsepower is cubic inches. Why not let the very cost effective V6 engines compete?