IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ocala
2/10/20, 10:16 PM   #61
NOSTINKINWINGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedFan2019 View Post
I’m not here to annoy anyone, it’s just when people On here try to knock winged racing I just have to state the truth. If non wing is so much better they should have higher attendance than winged races shouldn’t they? There is no top non wing event that comes close to Top wing events like Knoxville, kings royal, even Volusia. When that happens then you will have something to debate about. Guess you can stick to your non wing racing and I will stick to wing racing, have a good night

You stick to it. Probably best to stick to Hozers also. You're dealin with edumacated people here.

2 members like this post: oppweld, tirespinner
2/11/20, 12:00 AM   #62
Re: Ocala
DJlives

Several points. (1) there was an apparent miscommunication at some point - if you go on USAC racing right now, search news and look for info on the midget weekend it says hot laps 6:30. (2) As for being ho hum and drug out - that is simply inaccurate. That is a point one could have made about USAC several years ago - since then when there are not complications they run as crisp a program you want. They blow a warning horn and stick to it - and things roll. Tell me where on Friday or Saturday USAC drug out the show to make up for the car count. Once hot laps started there was 1 ten minute intermission. USAC wasn't responsible for the lack of a real support class, so in the end what time did the checkered flag fly for the final time each night? On top of that not a single car got upside down in two nights. (3) As for POWRi it is a very solid group - but their leadership will also tell you that they have trouble when they get out of sight of the Gateway arch - and there is nothing wrong with that. Yet, who was last year's champion? Who won 12 of their features last year -- and where were they -- Ocala. We can discuss the model all we want - but these are the top teams in the game. Sure, everybody would have enjoyed a few more cars. (4) As for the wing vs non-wing thing - I like racing.

4 members like this post: K9Racer, tirespinner, Wayne Davis, Will Shunk
2/11/20, 12:14 AM   #63
Non wing lover

Usac better do something or there's not going to be anymore usac.when tiny Stewart left ysac racing as a team owner that was the beginning of the end.look what has done for the all- Stars tv deal sponsers happy owners good purses.usac you missed the boat what's sad Tony will never come back

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
2/11/20, 8:48 AM   #64
Hamby454

You can reference the post here, per usac, on practice night where it says Saturday hotlaps started at 5:30. As stated previously why were all groups given 2 hot lap sessions? We sat there for 4 hours to see cars on track for maybe an hour total. That’s a bit ridiculous especially with a total car count for both classes combined being under 25.

2/11/20, 8:50 AM   #65
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedFan2019 View Post
I’m not here to annoy anyone, it’s just when people On here try to knock winged racing I just have to state the truth. If non wing is so much better they should have higher attendance than winged races shouldn’t they? There is no top non wing event that comes close to Top wing events like Knoxville, kings royal, even Volusia. When that happens then you will have something to debate about. Guess you can stick to your non wing racing and I will stick to wing racing, have a good night
Marketing, Marketing, Marketing!!!

3 members like this post: Hamby454, oppweld, tirespinner
2/11/20, 9:44 AM   #66
DJlives

I agreed in my post that there was a miscommunication. That is unfortunate. Each car got a green white checkered second hot lap session to get the track in better shape..and there was a new track record. That is not the first time nor will it be the last that a sanctioning body or local show decides to do this. That's not about dragging out the show. Sometimes the track is too heavy..somtimes too dry. That's the nature of dirt track racing

2 members like this post: oppweld, tirespinner
2/11/20, 10:32 AM   #67
Hamby454

I’ve been around dirt track racing for 33 years. I don’t need educated on the nature of the beast. I appreciate your effort but as stated in my previous post this is what’s wrong with USAC. I sat in the stand both Saturday at bubba and Sunday at volusia. Saturday nothing was said until cars were on the track for the 2nd session. People were in the stands wondering if they had switched to group qualifying because nothing was stated about a second session until we’ll after cars were back on the track. At Volusia Sunday it was known. Immediately following the first groups hot lap session that groups 1 and 2 would get a 2nd green white checkered session to better replicate qualifying track conditions. The cars were parked in the infield and pushed immediately back off after the 4th session. At bubba all cars were off track, the gladiator came out, then all groups went back out. This served no purpose but killing time. If the track was greasy extend the first session then bring them out again at the end. That is the typical route, this is the first time I’ve ever seen every car get a 2nd session. And the general admission fans were not notified promptly. If you bring casual fans who don’t know much or anything about the sport they won’t return, especially if someone who’s been at the track for 33 years can’t even explain to them what’s going on because of the lack of communication from either officials or the announcers, announcers to fans, or both. Johnny Gibson makes WoO what it is, he’s by far the best in the business. Not just at hooting and hollering at the action on track but at keeping fans informed and plugging sponsors and owners all throughout the night.
Last edited by Hamby454; 2/11/20 at 10:33 AM.

2/11/20, 10:40 AM   #68
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Shunk View Post
Either USAC gets more nights on track for 2 weeks or we at least have Bubba RP with quality over quantity. USAC stayed loyal to Bubba RP and vice versa, but the All Stars and USCS 360 wings did not return this year.
I hope we have the opportunity to sit on our cozy couch and ***** about the racing streaming live from Bubba RP in 2021. I applaud USAC and their teams for trying the midgets for a second season in FL, Bubba RP for the effort and comittment to put on a show for their fans and the tourists, FLO racing for giving us a racing fix in February, and to the all of the non wing fans who stay loyal to traditional non wing racing on dirt.
I know this straight from the horses mouth....All Stars charge way to much for sanction fees for them to make money and with 5 different tracks racing at the same time, it's a tough nut!!

USCS kinda in the same but not near as much.

USAC is doable because that is the ONLY place they race at in Feb.

Hear is the issue in Florida SPEEDWEEKS now...

1. Back in the day it was SPEEDWEEKS not like now speedmonth/month-1/2
2. Wing sprint cars Multiple tracks some on the same nights
3. Late Models 5 different tracks
4. Big Block/602 Modifieds multiple tracks at same time
5. UMP mods multiple tracks at same time
6. Most important...Ticket PRICES. Northern/Central Florida fans just can not afford to go to 10-15 races at $30-$40 per event especially with family...family of 4 ...$30x4=$120+10 races is $1200 add travel/motel (if needed)/eating/teeshirt it's 2K. then you have....
7. Flo racing/Speed Shift/Lucas Oil TV/Live streaming and all other TV

On me as a personal note I use to go to EVERY event because I could 1. afford it and 2. NO one was racing on top of each other down here. Volusia (Dirt) and New Smyrna (pavement) East Bay for the Sprint Cars...Tickets $10/$12-$20/$25 for pits.
2 weeks of racing...NOT ANYMORE.. Just too many options which is good and bad...but the bottom line it spreads a race fan out and make it hard for a chose.

I am a non wing fan first and a race FAN 2nd. so if there are only 2 non wing sprint cars or 2 midget cars at a track and 50 wing cars else where, you can bet your a$$ I will be at the non wing deal!!!

On a sad note I have lost 5 of my friends the was races or race fans in the last week, so I want to tell ALL Y'ALL I love ya and hope to see ya starting Wed. night at BRP...I will be hanging with my good friend Carson Short driving for the best car owners in USAC, Carla and Steve Phillips...See ya shortly... THE Southern Outlaw

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

2/11/20, 10:44 AM   #69
Wayne Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJlives View Post
Several points. (1) there was an apparent miscommunication at some point - if you go on USAC racing right now, search news and look for info on the midget weekend it says hot laps 6:30. (2) As for being ho hum and drug out - that is simply inaccurate. That is a point one could have made about USAC several years ago - since then when there are not complications they run as crisp a program you want. They blow a warning horn and stick to it - and things roll. Tell me where on Friday or Saturday USAC drug out the show to make up for the car count. Once hot laps started there was 1 ten minute intermission. USAC wasn't responsible for the lack of a real support class, so in the end what time did the checkered flag fly for the final time each night? On top of that not a single car got upside down in two nights. (3) As for POWRi it is a very solid group - but their leadership will also tell you that they have trouble when they get out of sight of the Gateway arch - and there is nothing wrong with that. Yet, who was last year's champion? Who won 12 of their features last year -- and where were they -- Ocala. We can discuss the model all we want - but these are the top teams in the game. Sure, everybody would have enjoyed a few more cars. (4) As for the wing vs non-wing thing - I like racing.

I was there...I had my #92 Blue Goose D-2 Midget racing ...This post here SUMS IT UP...Very good post Dlives

2/11/20, 10:52 AM   #70
Wayne Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamby454 View Post
. At bubba all cars were off track, the gladiator came out, then all groups went back out. This served no purpose but killing time. If the track was greasy extend the first session then bring them out again at the end. That is the typical route, this is the first time I’ve ever seen every car get a 2nd session. And the general admission fans were not notified promptly.
We were told after the first session a "few" top teams complained so USAC made a decision to do 2nd hot laps...the announcer probably did not even know Hamby

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ocala