IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > First Sprint Week trip- any advice?
6/11/13, 10:30 PM   #1
First Sprint Week trip- any advice?
Mikehunting1

I'm making my first trip out this year. Just had the Eastern Storm in here in PA and I need more! We are going to Gas City, Kokomo, and Lawrenceburg. Any advice for a first timer? Anything from seating to coolers/beer, must sees and don't do's etc. I'm all ears. Thanks in advance, I can't wait!
Last edited by Mikehunting1; 6/11/13 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Punctuation

2 members like this post: davidm, KENDALLRACING
6/12/13, 1:11 AM   #2
reeserx

Kokomo won't let you take a cooler in..stop by half moon restraunt on us 31 in Kokomo..good food and they make their own beer as well. Plus they sponser a sprint car team. Gas city get there early for a decent seat. Spend the money to get a pit pass and sit in the pits. The main grandstands there are not comfortable..most importantly have fun and enjoy the races!!

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
6/12/13, 7:05 AM   #3
Re: First Sprint Week trip- any advice?
racen857

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 20

Here is the link to my post asking the same questions. My wife and i are headed out to for the first time.

https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=69201

6/12/13, 7:53 AM   #4
Re: First Sprint Week trip- any advice?
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeserx View Post
Kokomo won't let you take a cooler in..stop by half moon restraunt on us 31 in Kokomo..good food and they make their own beer as well. Plus they sponser a sprint car team. Gas city get there early for a decent seat. Spend the money to get a pit pass and sit in the pits. The main grandstands there are not comfortable..most importantly have fun and enjoy the races!!

Posted via Mobile Device
i think that's a oxymoron
gas city good seat

3 members like this post: jim goerge, Obie, rclaridge
6/12/13, 8:54 AM   #5
berks co

My fifth year going from the Reading area, go early to put blanket in seats, if time is there the Ims museum is free and very cool to see.

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > First Sprint Week trip- any advice?