IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Nate (Offline)
  #11 7/22/18 9:21 AM
The forecast has gotten better but not going to head over real early like I normally would.

Not sure what the current track conditions are either and what it could handle if it does rain. The area has eaten a lot of rain the last two days.

Nate Bickel - @natefb22
2 Likes: jim goerge, tirespinner
david mitchell (Offline)
  #12 7/22/18 9:28 AM
Postpone until tomorrow.Much better forecast.This weather is a crowd killer.Give yourself the best opportunity for good crowd.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #13 7/22/18 9:28 AM
Im not going to say what will happen. I do see a long dry spell this morning. Looks like the front is moving further north and west,

Im 35 miles East. While we've gotten several showers the ground was so dry here it's not over saturated. That being said, I got no idea what track conditions are, The ground Im talking about has grass on it.

Charles Nungester
wildman92 (Offline)
  #14 7/22/18 9:45 AM
This was just posted on the Burg’s Facebook page

It's Race Day!! We are in "get er done" mode! Our amazing track crew has been on-site 6:00am and would like us all to pray for some 🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞!! Hope to see you all tonight for USAC Indiana Sprint Week!
As always, our plan is to race unless otherwise noted 😊

Jen Kelley (she/her)
9 Likes: BrentTFunk, Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, mc/rider, PIT CART, rapid robert, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #15 7/22/18 9:49 AM
That being said, I may not make it. seriously considerng going back to emergency room over a condition I went in for last monday

Charles Nungester
david mitchell (Offline)
  #16 7/22/18 10:02 AM
Thoughts with you Charles.Hopefully,you will be well for Kokomo.
4 Likes: Charles Nungester, mc/rider, turn4, WinglessLovers
SPRINTCAR (Offline)
  #17 7/22/18 10:08 AM
Today

A chance of showers, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 79. North wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Tonight

Showers and thunderstorms likely before 11pm, then a chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65. North wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Good luck on the weather. I'm pretty lucky, I live only 13 miles east of the track on the west side of Cincy.
IndianaSprintFan (Offline)
  #18 7/22/18 10:16 AM
Weather.com has nothing more than 55% on hourly all day drops to 15% after race time. I’ll be on my way at 2
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #19 7/22/18 2:03 PM
Per Facebook Lawrenceburg is running

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
3 Likes: IndianaSprintFan, PIT CART, tirespinner
FishBurger (Offline)
  #20 7/22/18 2:29 PM
I live 1.3 miles by Sierra from the track. Maybe .5 miles as the buzzard flies. Sun is shining through very cloudy skies at 2:30...…..that may be the key. It's ONLY 2:30. Hang tough......I'm betting they get it in.
5 Likes: Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, Dirtfan, i love dirt track racing, tirespinner