IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Costs of running a sprint vs midget
7/30/11, 7:53 PM   #21
Re: Costs of running a sprint vs midget
midgetmaniac

If you go sprint car racing (non wing)then Indiana is where you want to go. You have 9 tracks within 1 1/2 hrs from Indy. If you want to go midget racing then PowerI is the way to go. They are an organization that is engaged with their drivers , the purses are right and I have noticed they care about the product on the track. I would love to see them come into Indiana. Ultimatly, it comes down to your budget and how far you want to travel.You can get into either one around 30,000. How much you want to spend on your motor will determine alot of your cost. If you want to get into a midget that can win a powerI race right now let me know because I know people who can make that happen.

7/31/11, 3:09 AM   #22
Rhody

Race Count This Year: 9

My final 2 cents. While I am partial to winged 410's, I think Powri midget racing looks darn good from where you are at. If you go that route, good luck and I hope to see you at the Chili Bowl.
Eli Deshaies KWS #7.
Posted via Mobile Device

7/31/11, 1:50 PM   #23
Re: Costs of running a sprint vs midget
backitin

Well were going with a 410 nonwinged. A Like new roller and I'm bumming/stealing a 410 engine or two. I know where theres a couple, few thats laying around. A couple races in Indiana and my bucket list is complete, After my Indiana adventure I'll prob. stick a 305 in it and run a few races now and then, afterwards that'll be the car my ashes get stored in. I already threatened my daughter with some major haunting if she don't keep the car forever, my urn in the drivers seat. For me no doubt full size sprint, have a blast whatever you choice.

7/31/11, 3:10 PM   #24
F5 Racer

If I lived in Indiana it would be a Sprint for sure but like shane said I spend a fortune in gas getting there and back.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Costs of running a sprint vs midget