IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
HardyBoysRacing (Offline)
  #1 10/30/13 7:00 AM
Hey y'all I'm building a '55 F100 push truck and looking for pictures of 50's/60's Chariot trailers or vintage trailers for a champ or sprint car. Like to have the whole combination to carry our car to the races next season! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
gearguy (Offline)
  #2 11/3/13 9:51 PM
My friend Gregg Kishline up in Kenosha has a Watson dolly wheel trailer that was used to transport Indy cars in the '50/60's. It isn't for sale but he probably would let you take photos and measure it. These trailers are often seen in period photos behind station wagons or small pick-ups. The dolly wheel takes the tongue load.

PM me if interested in seeing the trailer.

Chuck Schultz
Winfield, IL
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #3 11/4/13 12:11 AM
My brother still tows his sprint car with one, I'll get a couple photos. It is an old Watson.
Addison22 (Offline)
  #4 11/22/13 7:00 AM
nice content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post.
TQ29m (Online)
  #5 11/25/13 8:34 PM
I've seen several of these in the past 3-4 years, been trying to figure out if they were any good/safe, and how well/if they worked, saw them on several different applications, and they were factory installs. Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
wheelnut (Offline)
  #6 12/4/13 10:02 AM
PM sent