IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Looking Forward
2/23/23, 1:19 PM   #1
Looking Forward
BrentTFunk

As an old guy, who just turned 60, I am really looking forward to this season. As long as the money holds out, I have several excursions I am really looking forward to. I am hoping to take a road trip with my old buddy Coach to PA in June. He moved to FL several years ago, but we have traveled to races together since 1982. Followed by a trip with my wife to WI the next weekend. If all goes well, I will hit 5 new tracks in 10 days. Haven't done that in a while.
In July, I plan on going to Macon for USAC Sprints. Saw a really good POWRi midget race there last year, and have always wondered what Sprints would be like there. $10,000 to win the second night, should be good. My first time at Macon was the famous Jack Hewitt night.
In August, the Jason Leffler race at Wayne County, Tony Bettenhausen 100 at Springfield the next day, followed by USAC Midgets that night at Macon. then the next week is the Smackdown for $30,000 to win. If I haven't broke the bank, or wore myself out, a Silver Crown, IndyCar double header is at St Louis the next evening. I really like Silver Crown cars there.
Still plan on the week of Indy, Little 500, most of midget and sprint weeks, BC 39, James Dean Classic, followed by the 4 crown. Hoping this is a good year for everyone. Anyone have anything they are looking forward to?

2/23/23, 4:12 PM   #2
Re: Looking Forward
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I'll probably only get to a few local races at Burg, Florence or Moler and be happy if I can make em.

2/23/23, 6:15 PM   #3
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
As an old guy, who just turned 60....
60 isn't old, Brent. It's all a state of mind.

I hope you can make all of your plans come true this year. I have the Dirt Late Model Dream weekend circled on my calendar. I do not want to go NEAR Eldora this year for the Kings Royal Week with the Eldora Million on the docket. Too many people CAN ruin a good thing.

Everything else is going to be improv.
Last edited by Stevensville Mike; 2/23/23 at 6:19 PM.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, tirespinner
2/23/23, 8:12 PM   #4
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Not sure of first race I will attend but several trips to Haubstadt all events held THAT are pretty much a guarantee. Highlights will be a return to Knoxville most of the eastern storm races. WAR events @ Moberly Mo Lake of the Ozarks, Double XX and I - 70 speedway. Bucketlist trek to Belleville KS.

2/23/23, 9:00 PM   #5
opnwhlmnd

Just glad you are finally up to traveling Brent. The list is secondary we are just glad your health is better.

Just flew home from Florida today. Really liked USAC Volusia shows but never have cared for Bubba's. I went Thursday took Friday off and headed to East Bay since it may be last time I see it. Hadn't been there since 1985 when I was working with Schrader on a sprint car. Didn't look like they've changed a thing in 37 years.

Planning on the Texas swing, Knoxville, Macon, and Indiana Sprint Week minus Haubstadt (not sure which track I despise most, Bubba's or Haubstadt) USAC sprint wise. Midgets will do during fair with Silver Crown then Bakersfield and Ventura plus what other USAC or Extreme I decide on. Both Silver Crown dirt miles and Gateway. Most likely 4-Crown.

Will try to support Larson and High Limit anytime I can. For sure Lakeside and Granite City. All-Stars at Benton, Lake Ozark, and I-70. Personally for me and most hear don't want to hear it but the All-Stars have the most entertaining series going right now.

I'm sure work will change some of these plans for me.

2/23/23, 10:48 PM   #6
JJMooney

I’m getting out and traveling more this year as well. Bucket list tracks on my calendar that I’m really looking forward to: River Cities ND for IRA in July, Chico and Placerville in Northern CA in August, and Tulare CA for Trophy Cup in October.

Other new tracks (for me) I have circled include: Tri-City PA for BOSS, Ohio Valley WV for OVSCA, Brushcreek OH for OVSCA, and Dodge Co WI for ASCoC.

Not new, but hitting Eldora more this year especially the USAC/WoO Double in May and the 4 Crown in Sept. I’d love to see USAC at Macon but not sure I can that weekend.

2/24/23, 12:05 PM   #7
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppweld View Post
Not sure of first race I will attend but several trips to Haubstadt all events held THAT are pretty much a guarantee. Highlights will be a return to Knoxville most of the eastern storm races. WAR events @ Moberly Mo Lake of the Ozarks, Double XX and I - 70 speedway. Bucketlist trek to Belleville KS.
Already have my room for Knoxville. Plan is to hit Bloomington and Haubstadt in April. Hoping Terre Haute Silver Crown can happen that Sunday, but I am not optimistic. Kokomo USAC midgets, and Hoosier Hundred at IRP on Sunday. If all goes as planned, Paragon on March 11 will be the first race.
I really wanted to do Belleville, but one daughter graduates from college then, and the other has to be in Finland. That means i will probably help with my Grandson. He would love to go, but will still be in school.

2/24/23, 3:31 PM   #8
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Already have my room for Knoxville. Plan is to hit Bloomington and Haubstadt in April. Hoping Terre Haute Silver Crown can happen that Sunday, but I am not optimistic. Kokomo USAC midgets, and Hoosier Hundred at IRP on Sunday. If all goes as planned, Paragon on March 11 will be the first race.
I really wanted to do Belleville, but one daughter graduates from college then, and the other has to be in Finland. That means i will probably help with my Grandson. He would love to go, but will still be in school.
For us,hopefully starting March 11th also,racing Families are planning to be in attendance as well.
All the local shows we go to,Belleville is on the calendar plus Sweet Springs Sunday night.Wayne City & Macon,both for Midgets,Macon x 2 for Sprints.Both SC mile races.
We'll miss the first 3 nights of ISW,gonna take in Burlington,Spoon River & Red Hill for the All Stars.
T.H.A.T. penciled in,dunno about that place,I've "heard" the WVFA & the most recent promoter are headed to court.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

2/24/23, 5:16 PM   #9
Ilovedirttrackracing

Good deal Brent. Looking forward to seeing all the great racing family at the racing events this year 😀. Let's have a great year together and I would like to think that we are heading for some more Kodak moments and life memories made again this year. You can't make this stuff up. Lmao 👪. Have a great racing year everyone and enjoy the great things that we all love ❤️. God bless America and after the Florida racing events I need alot of go blue 💙. Thanks ❤️

2/24/23, 5:57 PM   #10
dirtybob29

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 22

I am hoping to make my first visit to Terre Haute Action Track . Has anyone heard any updated info on what is happening there ?

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Hustlin-Hoosier, superstock30, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Looking Forward