IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wisconsin WingLess Sprints. Thoughts.
7/10/23, 8:18 PM   #11
Re: Wisconsin WingLess Sprints. Thoughts.
cornerthree

I live in Wisconsin and have seen them race at 4 different tracks. And watched them at Gas City twice. I have yet to see what I call a good race. I agree under powered and the other problem is they run with the IRA, And they kill the track for this class. JMO

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
7/10/23, 8:47 PM   #12
Pitdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerthree View Post
…the other problem is they run with the IRA, And they kill the track for this class. JMO
I’ll agree with that statement, for sure!
Last edited by Pitdad; 7/10/23 at 8:49 PM.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
7/10/23, 9:44 PM   #13
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerthree View Post
I live in Wisconsin and have seen them race at 4 different tracks. And watched them at Gas City twice. I have yet to see what I call a good race. I agree under powered and the other problem is they run with the IRA, And they kill the track for this class. JMO

Must have not been at Wilmot Saturday night.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
7/11/23, 1:18 AM   #14
jdull99

I have watched them at two different tracks and think every show that I saw them at has been great. Word is pay is on the support division level, and they still get all the cars talked about, so it might be back gate show many times; no matter what everyone thinks about watching them.
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

2 members like this post: John P Huss, nathans1012
7/11/23, 8:20 AM   #15
John P Huss

Jason- Agree!
Best Regards,
John

7/11/23, 11:10 AM   #16
BrentTFunk

I think this works because Wisconsin has no other non wing class. Look at places that added crate late models. How many now run late models and how many cars do they get? If we started a class like this in Indiana, all it would do is divide the cars even more. Doubt if you would draw many fans to see a couple of 12 car features. Short track racing is a pretty small pie. You can only split it up so many ways. I personally think that it is too split as it is.

7/11/23, 11:13 AM   #17
jdull99

And adding this 95% eliminated the Winged class at Wilmot, but that was fading some before this class started
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, John P Huss, OnTheHammer
7/11/23, 12:38 PM   #18
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I think this works because Wisconsin has no other non wing class. Look at places that added crate late models. How many now run late models and how many cars do they get? If we started a class like this in Indiana, all it would do is divide the cars even more. Doubt if you would draw many fans to see a couple of 12 car features. Short track racing is a pretty small pie. You can only split it up so many ways. I personally think that it is too split as it is.

I’m not to sure if this class was at Montpelier or Shadyhill it would take away cars for the 410 division thats way I specifically mentioned those two track.

7/11/23, 2:27 PM   #19
Moreland76

I personally would like to see the raceceiver 305 s try a few non wing shows. I know that they held a vote at one time and that got voted down. I could see some 600 racers head that way.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Jim Gardner
7/11/23, 3:05 PM   #20
BrentTFunk

If it was once a year, I would agree. I think you would have people who are not running up front now, Bailing and stepping down. Look at how many names in the 305's came from 410. I first went to Shady Hill when Warsaw closed. Open wheel has never really caught on there. Same with Montpelier, when they tried to run sprints weekly.
I don't see 30 to 40 people saying, if someone started a crate series, I would buy a car and go racing. The teams would for the most part, already be participating somewhere else. Eventually, races draw less fans and pay less money. The promoter then has to load up the back gate to try to break even

1 member likes this post: motorhead748
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wisconsin WingLess Sprints. Thoughts.