IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ReThink
7/4/23, 4:05 PM   #11
Re: ReThink
hoscalecody

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J View Post
So I'm not trying to be dumb here, I was at Kokomo last night not LPS. I've read through these comments and I've tried looking through videos on Flo and I'm not seeing either situation Mattox or Hayden and Beauchamp. I can't imagine Brandon doing something stupid as he's a great guy and is clean. The whole Hayden - Beauchamp deal, I'd love to see it. Anyone have any good vids of all this or leads for vids to this? Thanks in advance.
You have to go to the full replay on Flo https://www.floracing.com/events/101...aying=11104684

Mattox slows and runs the top of the track going very slow and goes to the flat part in 3&4 then idles down the front stretch and into the pits. Like someone else said, he was probably going to fast to make the right hand turn to make the pits the first time, these cars suck turning to the right at speed.

Then Hayden you can see slow rolling the bottom for a couple laps. Looks like he maybe tried to take a swipe coming to the white flag. Bacon wins it and camera pans to Hayden being upside down by the wall at turn 4. They didn't catch the flip or anything.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/5/23, 10:23 AM   #12
Crankin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
if it was Brandon Mattox he was going too fast to make the pit exit and continued to the front straight before it stopped..
Before it stopped? Seriously? Do you, of all the experts, not know when someone brings out an intentional yellow?…. Running in 20th position with 12 laps to go, and not running for points.
I don’t know Brandon Mattox from Barney Oldfield. I don’t care what a great guy he is.
He is just part of a growing problem (in MY opinion) that this work area thing is getting ridiculous.
Used to be you would get penalized for bringing out an intentional yellow.
Now, a guy running 20th can bring out a yellow because he feels like it. Then come back out and finishes 21st?… And doesn’t care how it might affect the race?
This is going on everywhere, not just this example.
I partially see the “he’s running for points” argument, but I guess i grew up in an era that if car, or driver has an issue, you’re done. Better luck next race….. And Mr. Mattox isn’t even running for points.
Now stopping purposely is the norm. Doesn’t matter if the leader drove his butt off to get a 1/2 straightaway lead. Or, a guy spent 6 laps trying to get around someone and now has to go back behind him because someone else brought out an intentional yellow. That, again, in my opinion, is a joke… No matter how great of person they are.

3 members like this post: dirtbag, dirtnonwingfan, The Old Coyote
7/5/23, 11:03 AM   #13
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

im no expert and got no idea why you went of on me or Mattox. I just watched it again there were 16 to go and bacon came up beside Mattox and Mattox came off the track on the back straight at high speed avoiding contact with Bacon (Leader). Im not sure if he wanted to go to the pits or stay on the track but by the time he figured it out he was above the cushion in three and thus rather than take himself and others out, Backed out and brought out the yellow, He went to the work area, during such time Axom had a flat and went to the work area as well.

Im not a big fan of the work area. But he was in a no win situation. If he'd of exited he'd of possibly not got slowed enough to miss people standing at track exit. If he stayed in it, he'd of probably flipped.

Now All stars with their heat race work area and such. I can totally agree with, The USAC policy is fair IMO. You're view is free to be different.

4 members like this post: brown11b, Hubie48, interpreter66, oppweld
7/5/23, 12:04 PM   #14
Hubie48

In this situation with Maddox, I don't think he did anything intentional (with 16 or whatever to go) but I would like to ad I am no fan of the "work area" either. I have seen some pretty intentional stops out on the track (far more in the Midget division) The work area thing brings in dollars obviously, it gets mentioned second only to "dirt draft."

wanna ruin your love for something? Start betting on it~~ screw dirt draft.

and getting back to a few posts ago by me, they are getting bucks for all this stuff and then racing for meager purses. Racers have been doing this FOREVER, and I don't get it. No wonder everyone goes wing racing.

7/5/23, 2:57 PM   #15
cornerthree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
Before it stopped? Seriously? Do you, of all the experts, not know when someone brings out an intentional yellow?…. Running in 20th position with 12 laps to go, and not running for points.
I don’t know Brandon Mattox from Barney Oldfield. I don’t care what a great guy he is.
He is just part of a growing problem (in MY opinion) that this work area thing is getting ridiculous.
Used to be you would get penalized for bringing out an intentional yellow.
Now, a guy running 20th can bring out a yellow because he feels like it. Then come back out and finishes 21st?… And doesn’t care how it might affect the race?
This is going on everywhere, not just this example.
I partially see the “he’s running for points” argument, but I guess i grew up in an era that if car, or driver has an issue, you’re done. Better luck next race….. And Mr. Mattox isn’t even running for points.
Now stopping purposely is the norm. Doesn’t matter if the leader drove his butt off to get a 1/2 straightaway lead. Or, a guy spent 6 laps trying to get around someone and now has to go back behind him because someone else brought out an intentional yellow. That, again, in my opinion, is a joke… No matter how great of person they are.
I saw a 100 lap late model race this spring where a guy did it twice in the first 30 laps to adjust the car and finished 4th, I hated it because you know other will start doing it also

7/5/23, 4:49 PM   #16
cmiracingvids

I’m ok with the work area. What I am NOT ok with, is guys intentionally stopping on the track because they messed up and went off the track or got into another driver and spun and lost some positions but gather it back up and keep it going. Only to stop on the track cuz they’re close to the tail of the field. I think if I driver does this (you know when you see it) they should get docked a lap if the caution comes out for them. Then guys wouldn’t do it so often.
Last edited by cmiracingvids; 7/6/23 at 2:05 PM.

7/5/23, 7:48 PM   #17
Twister17

Guy was about to go a lap down. Brought out a caution, came to the work area for a chassis adjustment. Not to repair anything. Bottom line, he does it often. See Terre Haute earlier this season.

7/9/23, 3:40 PM   #18
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

It does appear a penalty was issued to Hayden. And now you have the rest of the story….good day.

https://www.lincolnparkspeedway.com/driverinfo/

7/9/23, 7:34 PM   #19
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Honestly, I feel it's fair and said so on the Dues incident at Waynesfield. Cars should not be used for revenge.

That said, BH is Mr. LPS been racing there decades, sprints, mods, does things for others etc. I wish him well. Kinda think the karma of the incident was the biggest penalty.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ReThink