IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
davidm (Offline)
  #11 7/29/16 8:00 AM
Big box stores are dying. Why go to the store when you can order it on line and get it shipped to your front door for free?

Tear them down and build a race track where they stood!
4 Likes: cj02, PIT CART, Stevensville Mike, VSneader2
Daddyz (Offline)
  #12 7/29/16 8:35 AM
Considering the crowd sizes at Indy this year, I'm amazed that they're not dropping Nascar instead. I feel like these two series are moving in opposite directions.

And I've always felt the whole hands washing thing is backwards. Shouldn't you wash your hands first? I mean, your 'equipment' has been safely tucked away, but those hands- they've been everywhere. Seems you'd want to knock some of that filth off before you touch anything else.
sprntr (Offline)
  #13 7/29/16 9:07 AM
Originally Posted by Daddyz:
Considering the crowd sizes at Indy this year, I'm amazed that they're not dropping Nascar instead. I feel like these two series are moving in opposite directions.

And I've always felt the whole hands washing thing is backwards. Shouldn't you wash your hands first? I mean, your 'equipment' has been safely tucked away, but those hands- they've been everywhere. Seems you'd want to knock some of that filth off before you touch anything else.
Maybe their contract for Indycar was up, but there is still time to go for there NASCAR deal.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #14 7/29/16 10:04 AM
I'll tell ya one major reason, I could only tell the sponsor on about five cars this year on TV.

You used to be able to spot the Penzoil car, The miller Genuine Draft car, The STP car, MENARDS in huge letters. Now you got a little sticker on the side of the car partially blocked by a wing fin.

Trust me, Indy 2016 was a one time thing as far as attendance. Until the 200th running that is, "If it last that long"

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: jdull99, speed bump, Stevensville Mike
JarrettFarms73 (Offline)
  #15 7/29/16 10:32 AM
I listened to an interview w/ Mike Hull from Ganassi on WNDE 1070am Wednesday. He stated they knew well ahead of Target's end date. Dixon will stay in the #9 and hope to announce a new sponsor package by year end. Also stated they plan to still be a 4-car team w/ T.K. in the #10.

Based on that, I agree w/ the sentiment Targets continued involvement w/ Nascar is based on contract date.
LB (Offline)
  #16 7/29/16 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by interpreter66:
Quit pissing on your hand's and you won't have to wash them 😀
Plumbers secret?🖒
chrismattlin (Offline)
  #17 7/29/16 7:33 PM
Target's contract for Larson's Cup ride is up at the end of next season- I'd say that'll be the end.
Vukie (Offline)
  #18 7/29/16 8:53 PM
They have a new CEO at Target: new CEO's always make changes. It's the nature of the beast. The NA$CAR sponsorship is next when the contract runs out.

http://sports.usatoday.com/2016/07/2...-dixon-551808/

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...719-story.html
Vukie (Offline)
  #19 7/29/16 8:58 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
I'll tell ya one major reason, I could only tell the sponsor on about five cars this year on TV.

You used to be able to spot the Penzoil car, The miller Genuine Draft car, The STP car, MENARDS in huge letters. Now you got a little sticker on the side of the car partially blocked by a wing fin.

Trust me, Indy 2016 was a one time thing as far as attendance. Until the 200th running that is, "If it last that long"
There will be more people at Mid Ohio this weekend that the Brickyard 400. Motorsports is slowing dying off, the only series that I watch on TV that still gets big crowds, MotoGP.
sttmn (Offline)
  #20 7/30/16 10:19 AM
I thought Chip was on the Board of Directors of Target