IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Geoff Styner update - donations
5/10/13, 8:21 AM   #1
Geoff Styner update - donations
OSF

Great to see the racing community chipping in to help a driver in need. So far, over $4,000 has been raised. Here is the latest update on Geoff:

05.09.15 - I just wanted to give everyone an update on Geoff. He's scheduled to be discharged from the hospital today, which is obviously great news! Geoff will have to wear his halo for probably four months, so he is facing a long road of physical therapy to get adjusted to the halo and also getting himself better. After that there will still be more physical therapy ahead, but we're happy Geoff is still with us and getting out of the hospital so quickly.

Thank you to everyone that has donated so far. This money will go a long way to helping with medical bills and also the loss of income while Geoff is out of work.

And the Styners send along a heartfelt thank you to all of you. They are very humbled to have so many people care enough to reach out and help them. Every donation, no matter the size, means a tremendous amount to them.

For those of you wishing to make a donation to help Geoff Styner with his soon-to-be enormous medical bills, TBARA & Floridasprintcars.com have set up a donation website (click on link below);

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...-styner-/57942

Also, if you would like to send Geoff a card, gift card for groceries, some racing magazines, whatever you feel would help him out during the next four months of wearing a halo, here is the address:

Geoff Styner
SE 25th Terrace
Cape Coral, FL 33904

1 member likes this post: racegal
6/20/13, 3:09 PM   #2
Re: Geoff Styner update - donations
Max Revs

A further update on TQ midget and sprint car driver Geoff Styner, injured in a TQ midget crash at Full Throttle Speedway last month:

http://www.hoseheads.com/richard.html

6/20/13, 8:03 PM   #3
Jerry Spencer

Probably going to make some people mad but I have just got to ask, Was Jeff covered with every racers saving grace STIDA If he was great if not I am sorry that the bills keep coming in without help from STIDA

Please do not take this personal but if you think you will never use the best ins. around take a look at the last few weeks, I bet no one planned the terrible things that have happened to our loved ones.

If you have it great if you dont do not buckle in until you are covered, like I have said before if not for you do it for your loved ones you may leave behind.

Sorry to be so blunt but if you can not afford to get coverage maybe you cant afford to race. This is not directed at anyone just my opinion.

Get well Geoff, hope everything turns out ok

Jerry #66j
stida.com/HalfMoon/Colescotts Mobil-1

3 members like this post: Motormasher, PIT CART, racer-x
6/21/13, 4:40 PM   #4
traviskart

Race Count This Year: 25
Race Count Last Year: 40+

I don't understand why drivers do not think they will never need insurance. I recently offered to buy 2 different drivers your insurance (STIDA) and they both refused. Makes no sense to me. I guess they think they are invincible. And just for the record one them got hurt the next week in a wreck had to go to the hospital.

6/21/13, 4:44 PM   #5
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by traviskart View Post
I don't understand why drivers do not think they will never need insurance. I recently offered to buy 2 different drivers your insurance (STIDA) and they both refused. Makes no sense to me. I guess they think they are invincible. And just for the record one them got hurt the next week in a wreck had to go to the hospital.
Now that's crazy. Free membership and still wont take it. Down right silly.

Get well soon Geoff!

Posted via Mobile Device

6/21/13, 6:31 PM   #6
sprintracer82

Ill admit I have been putting it off for too long. After my failed Canada trip and trashing a car out over there I will be working extra hours over the next couple of weeks so I can afford it. Being a tight budget racer its a choice I hate to make by running without it. No different than before I bought my hans, cost too much. Well we crushed the cage down in Canada and I walked away with no neck pain. Everything else was black and blue though! That's crazy that a driver would turn anything down that's free! I've had people offer up even buying beer for the night just to hang out with us! For free insurance I'd put them on the crew for a few nights! Always something to extra they could do.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/21/13, 9:47 PM   #7
traviskart

Race Count This Year: 25
Race Count Last Year: 40+

You would not believe how many times I have been turned down trying to help drivers not all drivers do but most do turn $$ down here in Florida, so I help a young driver up in PA with tires instead of helping the locals. Not long a go I offered to buy 2 tires but driver wanted 3 so I said NO.

6/21/13, 10:28 PM   #8
STIDA.com

I think sponsoring a driver a Stida membership is the gift that keeps on giving. Discounts ALL year long on all safety equipment! Suits, helmets, seats you name it.

Any driver that feels they are invincible should call up Jack Hewitt. He will set you straight.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/21/13, 11:28 PM   #9
sprintracer82

Not many people know but Jack has helped me out with advice in the last couple of years. He has given me tons of help on setup and driving. I have even gotten a Jack Hewitt a$$ chewing! One of those times was when he found out I didn't have stida.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/21/13, 11:47 PM   #10
STIDA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintracer82 View Post
Not many people know but Jack has helped me out with advice in the last couple of years. He has given me tons of help on setup and driving. I have even gotten a Jack Hewitt a$$ chewing! One of those times was when he found out I didn't have stida.

Jack is one of STIDA biggest supporters!

Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Geoff Styner update - donations