IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Trucks on Speed at Eldora
7/23/13, 10:03 PM   #21
Re: Trucks on Speed at Eldora
J Hedger

only 2o minutes away after seeing practice on the tube its not worth missing a half hour of work gave my ticket to my mom told her to enjoy I wiil stay at work and watch concrete dry!

2 members like this post: duel, Mattvp52
7/23/13, 10:20 PM   #22
spicoli

Maybe someone could help me out here about tomorrow night...

Is there going to be that "boogity, boogity, boogity" crap?

"lucky dog", wave around crap, get their lap back?

phantom cautions for debris?

How come this is done in stages, let them boys make pit stops, under green!

7/23/13, 10:24 PM   #23
Newport13

Race Count This Year: 2

I'll wait til after the race before I dump on it. I applaud the effort. Good to see them take a chance with something new.

Posted via Mobile Device

7/23/13, 10:45 PM   #24
groove grabber

Nascar keeps them within the confines if their rulebook so with3 ft truck arms dont expect tons of bite. I do believe that it may possibly turn into a good race Tom night. We'll see who has great finesse and can balance a ill handling machine. Id rather have it that way anyways,we all knew they weren't gonna break records and if it was tacky it woulda been one lane. Hopefully everyone can relax and enjoy and no critique everything about it

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: nathans1012, team3521, Wad25
7/23/13, 10:46 PM   #25
streetglider

Does anybody know what kind of times that the street stocks run at Eldora?

7/23/13, 10:51 PM   #26
miledirt

The final practice was getting really good... I think the show tomorrow night will be pretty good. The late model race was coming down to a good finish before Matt Miller and Jeep got caught up in a wreck with lapped traffic with just four laps to go.

3 members like this post: nathans1012, Offy22, smith19
7/23/13, 11:22 PM   #27
ISF

Speed really has little to do with good racing. I've seen some great ARCA races on the dirt miles at Springfield, Du Quoin and The Indy Mile and those ARCA cars are 3-4 seconds a lap slower than the generic dirt late models. I've yet to see a really good generic dirt late model race on any of the 1 Mile Dirt tracks.

The NASCAR trucks may or may not put on a great show tomorrow night but either way it will have little to do with how fast or slow they are.

7 members like this post: erich45, Jerry Shaw, speed bump, Speedracer, team3521, Ty, Xflagman
7/23/13, 11:24 PM   #28
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Simple fact we're going to expose a lot of race fans to dirt racing that have never seen it before. That can't be bad!
Actually, I think it has the potential to be one of the worst things to happen to dirt racing. If the racing is agonizingly slow, dusty, no passing, full of spins, etc. can you imagine how the naysayers will gloat and most importantly what a horrible first impression for those unfamiliar with dirt racing. I am reminded of how one of my acquaintanances remarked about a televised ASCS winged show: "track looked like asphalt and where is the passing". Television is no guarantee of positive exposure for short track dirt racing.

3 members like this post: ByronMack, jim goerge, team3521
7/23/13, 11:38 PM   #29
lazyifoto

Here is my prediction, As soon as the dust starts flying all the NASTARD fans that don't breath dirt will run to their cars and drop their polo shirts of at the dry cleaners on the way home ..... I would say that several of the Eldora stocks could win this race if they were allowed to compete.

5 members like this post: jim goerge, Johnhunt, k41l, smith19, speed bump
7/24/13, 12:15 AM   #30
johnnythunderhead
Banned

I suspect a good high school 800 meter runner would win what with the lap times being run!

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by johnnythunderhead; 7/24/13 at 1:27 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Trucks on Speed at Eldora