IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT: XR Late Models running the Belleville Low Banks
6/14/22, 9:58 PM   #1
OT: XR Late Models running the Belleville Low Banks
Jonr

I know that many people have a love/hate relationship with the late models, but I have always found them fun to watch. At the beginning of the year, the new XR late model series announced a big money show at the Belleville High Banks.

However, this week it was announced that a joint decision between the drivers, sanction body, and Fair board was made to run the 1/4 low banks instead of the 1/2 high banks.

I loved watching the midgets run the high banks and briefly entertained the idea of going to this show. I know I would have been very disappointed to burn three vacation days for the Belleville Low Banks.

I always had a slimmer of hope that the midgets would go back to the High Banks, but I guess that dream is gone.

6/14/22, 10:11 PM   #2
kendirt

So they raced last night. I am under the impression that the SMLR series ran the low banks, XR ran the high banks.

You made me curious, the in-car I found from Chris Ferguson sure looked like the big track.

6/14/22, 10:33 PM   #3
Re: OT: XR Late Models running the Belleville Low Banks
Vookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
I know that many people have a love/hate relationship with the late models, but I have always found them fun to watch. At the beginning of the year, the new XR late model series announced a big money show at the Belleville High Banks.

However, this week it was announced that a joint decision between the drivers, sanction body, and Fair board was made to run the 1/4 low banks instead of the 1/2 high banks.

I loved watching the midgets run the high banks and briefly entertained the idea of going to this show. I know I would have been very disappointed to burn three vacation days for the Belleville Low Banks.

I always had a slimmer of hope that the midgets would go back to the High Banks, but I guess that dream is gone.
It appears after watching this video the drivers were not informed of the decision to race on the small track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMOYAn2Hz2I

6/14/22, 11:26 PM   #4
kendirt

Yeah, so XR ran the big track last night. The decision was made to run the small track tonight.

Based on the video I just watched of last night's feature I'm saying better for everyone.

6/15/22, 9:01 AM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I said the midgets should have ran one night on each for the Bellville instead of totally burning up a motor with multi nights on the big track. But no, They did it till they do it no more.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
6/15/22, 10:46 AM   #6
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I said the midgets should have ran one night on each for the Bellville instead of totally burning up a motor with multi nights on the big track. But no, They did it till they do it no more.
When did you say that, and who did you say it to? Saw that race paid $40,000 to win. I didn't know they had that many seats.

1 member likes this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J
6/15/22, 10:50 AM   #7
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
When did you say that, and who did you say it to? Saw that race paid $40,000 to win. I didn't know they had that many seats.

On here, several times. Im sure if you search Bellville Midget National threads you will find a few times I said it.

6/15/22, 11:03 AM   #8
Charles Nungester

2015 and I mention that I mentioned it in 2014

grader47

sendpm.gif
There's an article in the new Sprint and Midget magazine written by Doug Auld thinking the Belleville race should be run on the 1/4 mile track instead of the big 1/2 mile in order to bring the car count up. He's wanting the Belleville High Banks to ask for peoples opinion?

3 members like this post: dickster, jdull99, WinglessLovers
Report Post Like Like This Post Quick reply to this message Quick Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
2/3/15, 8:11 PM #2
Re: Belleville Midget Nationals
Charles Nungester

sendpm.gif
I said it last year. That night one should be on the Quarter and Nationals second night on the Half.

If its hard on midget motors One night is less than two, Right?

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
6/15/22, 1:07 PM   #9
kendirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
TV. XR's deal is as much about the telecast as it is the in person attendance.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin
6/15/22, 2:08 PM   #10
BrentTFunk

My point is, I don't think too many people in the sport rely on message boards for information. The problem with running the small track is, it is not the famous Belleville High Banks. That is the history of the track. The promoters talked about this in an article in SprintCar and Midget.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT: XR Late Models running the Belleville Low Banks