IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
dkdorkboy (Offline)
  #31 5/19/13 6:28 PM
Originally Posted by WRP:
Let's clarify something real quick. i would be glad to let you come up and take the mic anytime. The reasons you didn't hear me announce during hot laps last night would have caused a delay at most tracks. The only reason you heard me announce the one birthday that I did announce is because of who it was. Shirley Kear has done more for our sport than anyone, and I would drop everything, everytime to wish her a Happy Birthday.

With that said, as the year goes on, I guarantee things will get better. I'm sorry you weren't happy with my announcing last night, but i assure you that I wasn't either.

Gerry
Gerry ,your announcing is fine.Most of the time we can't hear you.We sit in the last section toward turn one.Another speaker down there would maybe help.Sorry about the snide remark.I'll refrain from the smart ass remarks from now on.

Ancient wise man say man who get into race for free never see bad race.
WRP (Offline)
  #32 5/19/13 8:27 PM
Originally Posted by dkdorkboy:
Gerry ,your announcing is fine.Most of the time we can't hear you.We sit in the last section toward turn one.Another speaker down there would maybe help.Sorry about the snide remark.I'll refrain from the smart ass remarks from now on.

It's all good. I'm all for constructive criticism. Please believe me when I tell you that I was as as hard on myself as anyone last night.

As far as the speakers go, we are very aware of the problems there. I was supposed to meet with an audio company yesterday at noon about upgrading some things, but I had to work my regular job, so we had to reschedule. Like I said in my first post, I guarantee things are going to get better, not just with announcing, but the whole program. There will be some growing pains, as was obvious last night, but I do hope everyone will stick with us.

I for one am very excited for the future of WRP, and can't wait to see things come together as we progress.

Thanks for your continued support
Gerry
Chris Wilson (Offline)
  #33 5/20/13 12:43 PM
Hey Gerry I like everything about Waynesfield and the people there, one suggestion I would have for you guys is to get more push trucks. I think only having 3-4 of them really hinders the great effort you guys put forth every week. You could speed the show up by 20-30 minutes if you could increase that number to 8-10 somehow. Either way, good job and we'll be there 6-7 times this year when BOSS isn't running.
double checkered (Offline)
  #34 5/20/13 1:08 PM
There usually are a few more trucks there but with Eldora running, they took a couple. Also, one had a mechanical failure so that put us at 3 and a few times one had a customer pushing back to pits. Thanks for supporting wrp and look forward to having you back. Good luck wherever you run in the meantime.

Jeremy

Posted via Mobile Device
WRP (Offline)
  #35 5/20/13 5:56 PM
Originally Posted by Chris Wilson:
Hey Gerry I like everything about Waynesfield and the people there, one suggestion I would have for you guys is to get more push trucks. I think only having 3-4 of them really hinders the great effort you guys put forth every week. You could speed the show up by 20-30 minutes if you could increase that number to 8-10 somehow. Either way, good job and we'll be there 6-7 times this year when BOSS isn't running.
Chris,

It is always good to see you guys in the pits at WRP. Sorry I never made it over to say hi before the show started. As you read in Jeremy's post, we were short on push trucks this past weekend. We have made some changes in other areas that should make a big difference in how quick the show runs as well. Give us a couple weeks, and things will definitely get better.

With that said, please tell your Dad and Chad I said hey, and can't wait to see you guys back again later this year.

Gerry