IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #1 10/28/12 11:12 AM
We send our thoughts and prayers to the family and friends of Tyler.

Jerry #66j
stida.com
24 Likes: AustinSprinter, babcock14d, dkdorkboy, duel, Gregg, I Miss Manzy, IndyBound, Jerry Shaw, kennystidamracing, midgy, Motormasher, mowerman, Mud Packer, nathans1012, Pat O'Connor Fan, pjohnson, racegal, RalphCornwell38, rapid robert, rclaridge, SprintRacer4, STIDA.com, TNRustler, wilkey118
STIDA.com (Offline)
  #2 10/28/12 11:50 AM
We all know it can happen at anytime. We all know the risk involved but its never talked about. Being reminded how dangerous this sport is , it's gut wrenching. This part of our sport is the part I hate the most and it is never easy to accept. I was at Calistoga last night and I feel for everyone that knew Tyler. Seeing your fellow brethren suffer is a sombering feeling. As a good friend told me last night, that stuck with me all the way home, is very simple. "Love your loved ones"

RIP Tyler Wolf #19

Posted via Mobile Device
22 Likes: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, agar, AustinSprinter, babcock14d, batch56, Bill Gardner, cwfan08, dhr9, dirtfan98, I Miss Manzy, IndyBound, Jerry Spencer, Kansasdirtfan, lilrim, mowerman, Mud Packer, Pat O'Connor Fan, racegal, RalphCornwell38, rapid robert, SCOTT M, Tubee
SDHill89 (Offline)
  #3 10/28/12 11:59 AM
I heard he was only 20 years old. We all know it can happen anytime but I hate it when it does.

RIP Tyler Wolf
4 Likes: AustinSprinter, dirtfan98, I Miss Manzy, Jerry Spencer
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #4 10/28/12 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by STIDA.com:
We all know it can happen at anytime. We all know the risk involved but its never talked about. Being reminded how dangerous this sport is , it's gut wrenching. This part of our sport is the part I hate the most and it is never easy to accept. I was at Calistoga last night and I feel for everyone that knew Tyler. Seeing your fellow brethren suffer is a sombering feeling. As a good friend told me last night, that stuck with me all the way home, is very simple. "Love your loved ones"

RIP Tyler Wolf #19

Posted via Mobile Device
What happen / how did it happen?

R.I.P. Tyler Wolf.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
STIDA.com (Offline)
  #5 10/28/12 12:46 PM
He crashed between 1 and 2 early on in the main event. I don't know if there was contact or a part failure. So I will not speculate. Regardless, 20 years old is too young.

My dad lost his good friend Gary Patterson "The Preacher" in the early 80's . When I started racing, he used GP and the stories of them traveling the world together to help me understand how dangerous this sport is and not to take it lightly. It helped me realize that auto racing is not for everyone. Unfortunately, we all were reminded of that last night and its never easy to accept.

Please keep the NORCAL racing family in your thoughts and prayers.

Posted via Mobile Device
10 Likes: AustinSprinter, billwill7, FishBurger, IndyBound, Jerry Spencer, jjsprt92, Kirk Spridgeon, Mud Packer, OTSNWR, Sprintfan1985
Indy (Offline)
  #6 10/28/12 12:49 PM
Here the only info out right now... Calistoga, CA | Oct. 27, 2012 - Details are lacking, but 2011 Silver Dollar Speedway Sprint Car Champion, Tyler Wolf passed away from injuries sustained in a crash tonight at Calistoga Speedway. Tyler was the youngest driver to ever win the Sprint Title at the famed Chico, CA 1/4 mile and was very popular with fans and racers. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #7 10/28/12 12:57 PM
We lost a member of the racing family... the details of how and exactly what happened aren't as important as supporting the close family and friends.

My thoughts and prayers are with them.

38 Likes: alexfd16, AustinSprinter, babcock14d, batch56, billwill7, boomer, bowbuild, ccgraphix, cowboyhar69, davidm, dirt330, dirtfan98, Drtchsr, duel, Eldora Three, erich45, FALCONEDDIE, FishBurger, I Miss Manzy, IndyBound, jake7h, jjsprt92, Kalvin, Kansasdirtfan, mowerman, Mud Packer, nathans1012, OTSNWR, PIT CART, racephoto1, rataz, ronmil, Sprintfan1985, STIDA.com, Team T, Tim Clauson, TWO FIVE, wallbanger II
I Miss Manzy (Offline)
  #8 10/28/12 1:30 PM
Heard about this last night,while in Ballou's pit at Canyon,after the main. I was told he was badly injured. This morning,Bob Claussen gave me the bad news. This is something we all know can happen and pray that it doesn't. Prayers to the family and friends. A terrible loss.
3 Likes: AustinSprinter, IndyBound, nathans1012
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #9 10/28/12 1:39 PM
Originally Posted by STIDA.com:
He crashed between 1 and 2 early on in the main event. I don't know if there was contact or a part failure. So I will not speculate. Regardless, 20 years old is too young.

My dad lost his good friend Gary Patterson "The Preacher" in the early 80's . When I started racing, he used GP and the stories of them traveling the world together to help me understand how dangerous this sport is and not to take it lightly. It helped me realize that auto racing is not for everyone. Unfortunately, we all were reminded of that last night and its never easy to accept.

Please keep the NORCAL racing family in your thoughts and prayers.

Posted via Mobile Device
I had the pleasure of knowing Gary, just like your dad he was a class act.

Jerry #66j
stida.com
JstAbvVMC (Offline)
  #10 10/28/12 1:53 PM
Gods Speed Buddy.....
4 Likes: Abrams 32A, dhr9, nathans1012, TNRustler