IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midwest Division ll midge series
5/28/15, 9:07 PM   #21
Re: Midwest Division ll midge series
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

My rights are 12", and my lefts are 10; anyway, if everyone ran 10" right rear rubber (how's that for alliteration?) wouldn't the spoils still go to the most powerful? I think the whole idea of the Montpelier Theory of Minimalist Rules is to allow the "Premier" class to run what they run out on the National Trail(s), and then to try to let the "Have-Nots" gain back a bit with the weight break and the extra width allowance. May not be perfect, but it's hard to argue with expanding car counts. What seems to make it attractive for guys like me is the payout for starting the Main is significantly better than even running in the top five elsewhere.
But this thread isn't about Montpelier. Sorry. I'm in favor of the SSMS/ Midwest D-II/IMRA model too, for the most part; it will be interesting to see how two of these groups can take advantage of the association with POWRi and grow.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
Last edited by jjones752; 5/29/15 at 5:09 AM.

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
5/29/15, 11:29 PM   #22
SteveB31

This is one of the best things I have seen happen for midgets and lightning sprints in a long time!! Should bring out numerous older midgets and allows lightning sprints more chances for more non wing racing. Love it!!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midwest Division ll midge series