Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Mini-Sprint Classifieds > Henchcraft Vs Hyper
11/28/14, 10:37 PM   #11
Re: Henchcraft Vs Hyper
SteveB31

What he said

11/29/14, 9:48 PM   #12
SPIKER RACING PRODUCTS

you guys can say what you want,but until you have raced both like I have you will never understand.

11/30/14, 11:02 PM   #13
DAD

Competition sure is wonderful.

Brings out the best in everything and everybody. Both cars are well built and great race cars. Some people like Ford's and some people like Chevrolet's. They both do the same job. The same with race cars, buy what you are comfortable with, we all tend to use glittering BullSh1t to sell our product. Properly set up and driven they are both very capable of racing up front.

Me I like FSC race cars because everybody can not own one of them things, it's pretty hard for me to do it. They seem to do a pretty good job however because everybody has copyed them over the last few years. We were racing offset cars 20 years ago, with Z bar rear suspension and coil over front ends. Even down to our left exit exhaust headers.

Have fun work on the basics and stop putting so much importance on chassis design and Hot Rod Engines. I would much rather have a solid engine a decent safe chassis with a good driver and set up man than any $30,000.00 race package out their.

Rob: Best I can remember Packard used that line "Ask a man that owns one" in a TV commercial back in the 30's.
And Jeep came up with the Phrase "Its a Jeep thing most people just wouldn't understand!"

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 11/30/14 at 11:11 PM.

12/1/14, 10:53 AM   #14
cbaumeyer48

As most of you who know me and race with me.... I've had a 20 yr career in selling! First Rule of selling: "Never bash or run down the competition!" It's poor business etiquette. In most sales presentations its usually a fear of the other persons product or possibly losing business that causes someone to point out potential negatives. Thus the person speaking negatively paints theirself into a corner.

12/1/14, 4:40 PM   #15
DAD

cb

Not only does it look bad but it creates a hostile competitor. Competition is tough but in the business world they will "slit your throat" so to speak if they are mad at you. In our business we have lots of people that come in with work performed by our competition, what they are looking for is for us to point out something deficient with the other business's work.

I generally come back with so and so is a very good shop owner. I bet if you take it back to them they would be happy to fix it for you, and you know that is usually the case. In business like racing I would much rather be friends with the competition than seen as an their adversary. There is plenty of business out their for us all, some people are more to my temperament and others to my competition and sometimes I even suggest they stop by and see so and so. We call that the 80% from 20% rule of business.

This I learned from the master Muffler Man and Race car Builder >Ralph "Sonny" Potter who passed away last week. He was always out to beat his competition in a different way with his own Ideas and I can relate to that.

Rest In Peace Ralph

Bill Jones

PS cb We all think that what we have is the best or we wouldn't own it. Me I would settle for an FSC with a TRO Toyota, but then I wouldn't be able to buy tires and fuel for it and the hauler, so>>> I will wish in one hand and try something else in the other and see which hands fills up first. We are still having fun so what the hey.
Last edited by DAD; 12/1/14 at 5:04 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Mini-Sprint Classifieds > Henchcraft Vs Hyper