IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > July 24th trucks at eldora per nascar.com
11/30/12, 5:35 PM   #21
treecitytornado

Wonder what Goodyear will come up with for this show? Wonder how much they will have to raise those trucks up? Big set-up changes for sure!

Posted via Mobile Device

11/30/12, 8:58 PM   #22
Hotshoe65s

According to DirtonDirt.com Scott Bloomquist has been contacted by several NASCAR teams about running the truck race at Eldora, and says other late model drivers have been considering it.
When asked if he thought he could compete with the NASCAR regulars he said. "I don't think it'll be a problem."

I'm not a Scott Bloomquist fan by a long shot, but if he runs this I will be cheering for him.

I would love to see bloomer, Owens, Moyer, or oneal run this. They have pretty much been the people to beat at eldora the past few years and I think they could really showcase the talent of dirt drivers.

Posted via Mobile Device

11/30/12, 9:30 PM   #23
Re: July 24th trucks at eldora per nascar.com
big3131

I heard that they need softer walls, media center, and field hospital

12/1/12, 12:02 AM   #24
Speedracer

12/1/12, 9:47 AM   #25
Jerry Spencer

I for one am happy for Tony and everybody involed in bringing the trucks to Eldora. I remember when I was a little kid going to the dirt miles with my dad to watch the stock cars run then going to the big paved tracks and watching my heros first run an indy car then jump in a stock car and start all over again. (Twin 150's I think) The stock cars on the dirt mile was a thing of beauty. Good luck Tony and thank you for thinking outside the box.

Now I hope somebody will give J.J. a ride.

Jerry #66j
stida.com

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Russ
12/1/12, 11:40 AM   #26
ISF

I would concur completely Jerry. It's great that one of NASCAR's premier series' is going to race on dirt. Way to go NASCAR & Tony. However, from a slightly selfish standpoint I wish it was on one of the midwestern 1 mile dirt tracks.

I watched my first stock car race on a 1 mile dirt track when I was a mere child. It was at Springfield during the State Fair and it was the greatest things I'd seen up 'till then and for a very long time after.

As Jerry pointed out, the stockers are a thing of beauty on a one mile dirt track. I say that in spite of the fact that the Silver Crown cars on the dirt mile's are my greatest love in racing.

1 member likes this post: Jerry Spencer
12/30/12, 10:54 AM   #27
ASPHALT24

Anyone know for sure if Eldora needs to install Steel & Foam Energy Reduction walls for this Nascar event? Will this be the first oval dirt track to have these? How will it change the top racing groove? I have to admit I never saw this one coming. Like to see a bunch of non-nascar drivers to try and make the race. Interesting race concept. We will see how it goes. Also about the walls, if they are installed, will it be permanent? Wonder how a sprint car would react smacking it @ 140mph.

12/30/12, 1:56 PM   #28
treecitytornado

Eldora does not have to install them! Fremont has had them for several years. They are the first and one of the only dirt tracks to have soft walls.

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > July 24th trucks at eldora per nascar.com