IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > High Limit Series. Interview with Brad Sweet. 45 Minutes.
10/13/22, 12:00 AM   #1
High Limit Series. Interview with Brad Sweet. 45 Minutes.
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

High Limit Series. Interview with Brad Sweet. 45 Minutes.

Very good interview with Brad Sweet. Thought it was very informative on what the plan or business model looks like for the series. It will be interesting to see what tracks are on the mini-series schedule and how it all works out. If you have a question or beef about the series, I would say watch the video interview first before you decide to blow a gasket and lose you johnnies over it like one guy did about a month or so back.

Brad Sweet | High Limit Sprint Car Series origin, schedule, issues | DIRTRACKR Conversations
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvvprse2OeU
Last edited by nathans1012; 10/13/22 at 12:03 AM.

10/13/22, 8:08 AM   #2
flagboy55

I listened to it Nate and you’re correct, good interview. Going to be interesting where WRG lands on the issue. It’s clear that High Limit is not interested in hurting the Outlaws. I think that there’s a easy compromise, but from this information, WRG is not interested in that, at least not yet. I hope they come to a decision that works before they resort to playing hardball. It’s my opinion that the Outlaws can only lose if they are unwilling to be good neighbors

10/13/22, 10:08 PM   #3
Re: High Limit Series. Interview with Brad Sweet. 45 Minutes
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I listened to it Nate and you’re correct, good interview. Going to be interesting where WRG lands on the issue. It’s clear that High Limit is not interested in hurting the Outlaws. I think that there’s a easy compromise, but from this information, WRG is not interested in that, at least not yet. I hope they come to a decision that works before they resort to playing hardball. It’s my opinion that the Outlaws can only lose if they are unwilling to be good neighbors

Just hope it turns out to be a good deal for the drivers, teams, fans, & promoters just like the Castrol Flo Racing Night In America is for the late models.

4 members like this post: chrismattlin, Grocery Guy, motorhead748, PIT CART
11/13/22, 5:41 PM   #4
chrismattlin

I saw Brad Sweet interviewed on Winged Nation the other day and he said that he wasn't too sure that he was going to follow the WoO tour next year. That shocked me a little bit, but I think a lot of drivers and teams were a tad jealous of Brent Marks this year. And then there's this High Limit Series that Sweet and Larson are putting on. Could it be a strong-arm tactic against the Outlaws and their exclusivity deal?

I'm not against The Outlaws or World Racing Group, in general, but this might be a little taste of their own medicine after chasing DirtVision dollars this season, if you know what I mean.

I have a feeling the WoO might compromise and allow a set number of exemptions for their guys through the year. It looks like they'd better do so, because I doubt that Sweet is the only one considering this.

11/14/22, 12:55 PM   #5
diversified

The Winged Nation podcast had Brian Carter, CEO of WRG, on the show last week for a pretty in depth interview, I would guess that based on this interview, the World of Outlaws Platinum drivers will not be allowed to run the High Limit races without consequences. He is focused on protecting the racetracks that host WoO events, he made the comment "we sell full grandstands!" to the promoters. He says they have 20 more tracks wanting dates than they are willing to book, record attendance and participation, etc. so it's hard to argue with his logic at staying the course. It does sound like they are listening to the teams with regard to scheduling (no spring California swing) and are enhancing their programs and purses for their regulars.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55
11/14/22, 1:23 PM   #6
PIT CART

What I thought was interesting was teams complaining about mid week shows. So how many teams are really wanting to run this new series? I personally don’t think they need all the outlaw teams for a good show.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
11/14/22, 1:29 PM   #7
flagboy55

I too listened to the interview. One thing for sure is he seems like he’s going to take his time to make a decision, which you certainly can’t blame him for. One has to wonder though about the value of the product if the unsubstantiated rumors would turn out to be true. Obviously the champion could be one that might defect because High Limit is his gig as well. Take another high profile team or two off the tour and what are you selling?

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin
11/14/22, 4:21 PM   #8
Jonr

So, I have not listened to either podcast, but we have talked about the Outlaws product on this message board many times. They have the stars. They don't go to the same tracks over and over. If you want to see their product, you have to go to their show. I don't see any of that changing. Brad Sweet is not the first driver to get fatigued with the schedule. However, at the end of the day, if you want to make the most money available, you have to run the WOO Sprint car series. I will bet an adult beverage that Brad will be back full time with the outlaws.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Ilovedirttrackracing, mtek56
11/14/22, 4:38 PM   #9
chrismattlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
However, at the end of the day, if you want to make the most money available, you have to run the WOO Sprint car series.
Top Winged 410 money winners 2022:
#1) Brent Marks $642,721
#3) Anthony Macri $412,998

I could go on, but I don't have all day.

4 members like this post: bighd0522, Charles Nungester, flagboy55, PIT CART
11/14/22, 4:52 PM   #10
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismattlin View Post
Top Winged 410 money winners 2022:
#1) Brent Marks $642,721
#3) Anthony Macri $412,998

I could go on, but I don't have all day.
And other than a few trips, Neither ran 2500 miles across country three times, and were probably home 280 days vs other way around.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > High Limit Series. Interview with Brad Sweet. 45 Minutes.