IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC: USAC GOES INDOORS FOR FIRST TIME IN 8 YEARS AT DuQUOIN
12/14/15, 11:27 PM   #11
BLASTER1

What is the address to this event??

Thanks...

12/14/15, 11:33 PM   #12
chathamracefan

It is on the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds. The building is called the Southern IL Center

12/15/15, 1:56 AM   #13
dirt_trackgurl006

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 41

I had a blast last year, and I am looking forward to going again this year!!! Only 5 more days...wohoo!!!!!
I am ready to see some racing and to be able to visit with the racing family again!!
I am very thankful for all the opportunities that I have been given this year. I look forward to what the future may have in store for me!!
See yal at the races soon!!
Kasi Chapman

12/15/15, 8:47 AM   #14
Re: USAC: USAC GOES INDOORS FOR FIRST TIME IN 8 YEARS AT DuQ
racenut69

To the top!......

12/15/15, 10:20 AM   #15
Colin25

Good luck to the 0c of Colin Parker making is rookie début in usac and a midget.
Might be a little prejudice comment.
Love ya,
Dad

4 members like this post: DAD, i love dirt track racing, luckybuc97, mc/rider
12/15/15, 10:55 AM   #16
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Ive noticed Admin post close themselves after three days so this will be dropping weds.

The track is on the south side of the Du Quoin Fairgrounds just beyond turns 1 and 2 of the Mile track. Southern IL Center.

12/15/15, 2:33 PM   #17
richie

You can now add this combo to the list for Saturday night's race:

11AG Dave Darland/Lincoln, IN (Brandon & Brad Gray)

12/15/15, 5:08 PM   #18
LUCKYONE

Any good places to eat?

12/15/15, 5:39 PM   #19
kendirt

I've never been there. What's the pit situation? They pit outside or what? Building heated?

12/15/15, 8:31 PM   #20
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendirt View Post
I've never been there. What's the pit situation? They pit outside or what? Building heated?
The pits are behind the track opposite the grandstand and in the back
of the building. You can see it but the track sits about 4ft high. This can hold about 55 cars. There is also a tin military type barracks building behind the arena in which when I visited about ten cars were in.. All haulers are parked out back and all fueling is done outside the building. Every car after it runs comes off the track and runs straight out the back. All movement inside is cars are pushed around by hand. They are staged and pushed onto the track by quads. They leave and the infield trucks push em off. and the cycle repeats. All very efficent and quickly done

Id dress warm. 47* 34* for saturday and the back giant garage door will be open most of the time. This helps with fumes escaping as well.

Go, Have fun, Pit pass is a little steep but if you want to walk and see all the cars within about 200ft of each other and some of the drivers and crews. Do it. You can also walk around the back of the track to the pits from the grandstand. The pit entry for non competitors is on the left front side of the building. The Spectator gate is on the Right Front.

As far as BBQ there was a big Double wide restraurant called Larrys Pit BBQ that I ate at the night before. Right up the street, Opposite side from the fairgrounds. Food was great. I also got a 5th from the Liquor Store across from the Super 8 so Im not sure Im remembering that part accurately. But I was totally sober race day

Go, Have fun, I enjoyed DuQuoin immensely.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 12/15/15 at 8:32 PM.

3 members like this post: bmemmer, jim goerge, luckybuc97
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC: USAC GOES INDOORS FOR FIRST TIME IN 8 YEARS AT DuQUOIN