IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > My thanks for a great Funfest 2007
10/17/07, 5:59 PM   #1
My thanks for a great Funfest 2007
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

I would like to personally thank everyone who made Funfest 2007 a success. From track promoters, racers, fans, staff, and everyone in between. With out the help of all these people this race would be a nightmare. We had well over 750 entries this year and manage to get done on time each night. Tory and Trent Collins and the crew they bring with them each week have been a true blessing. Sandy Lowe and Terry Murray and wife have done a great job scoring all season long. Sue and Lisa Collins are great workers and everytime i need to just have a moment to relax i go and see them and i always walk away with a huge smile on my face and more at ease. Chad Cunningham and Jaymin did a great job announcing all weekend and did'nt even lose thier voices. Thanks to the safety crew of Bobby Gomph and the Fire departments and EMT's who provide a safe place to race and are there when needed. One person who works thier tail off week in and week out and gets nothing but grief is my friend, my love, my wife, Kim. Thanks Kim for putting up with me and supporting me. Lord knows all we do is work and never get to spend time alone with each other.
Tim and Mel Johnson put every once of energy they have to make the track smooth and racy each and every week. Terry Eaglin and his staff also do wonders for this event. And i can't even forget Tim Montgomery our flagman who toughed it out all weekend long, not taking one break. I would also like to thank all the people who pitched in to help clean up after each night of racing. And one big huge thanks to David Reese for stepping up and taking on much much more this past weekend due to Mel Johnson's unexpected surgery.
I know i am forgetting some people, and i apologize....i am so grateful to be working with the best in the business.
I know sometimes i don't get around to thank each one of you for what you do, but believe me i am thankful for all of you.
Sincerely, Dave Rudisell
P.S. Special thanks to Joss Moffatt for letting Tom Bipes make the final laps around the 1/4 track.

10/17/07, 6:41 PM   #2
Re: My thanks for a great Funfest 2007
speidel21

Chad Cunningham does a great job announcing. He announces UMRA and always does a fine job :thumb:

10/17/07, 6:57 PM   #3
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Wasn't at the Fun Fest but I would like to thank everyone who worked hard at LBurg this year to bring us some awesome racing and good times. From the promotor to the clean up guys.

Thank You!

And thanks to all the Racers who work long hours after work to put on a show for us.

Chuck, who knows too often things said on message boards sound like Complaints. They aren't always meant to be taken that way.

10/17/07, 7:40 PM   #4
fishnman

My thanks also to everyone involved this year. But before I go any further a very very special "THANKS" to a group from Flemingsburg and Maysville Kentucky. Carol and Phillip Lee, Christie Spencer, Randy and Sandy Bailey, Chris and Amanda Moran, And #23 Arnie Fields. This group was parked along the backstretch just behind the water station. Every morning breakfast was ready for me, then lunch and dinner. Eggs, sausage, biscuits, deep fried turkey, WOW! I can honestly say you folks made a very stressful weekend a very enjoyable weekend. your hospitality and help in keeping the area watered down was above and beyond the call of duty. And just when things seemed to be getting a tad bit on the wacky side, there was you folks, smiling laughing, working on the race car, just enjoying life. Thanks again and hope to see you again next year.
Thanks to everyone involved in Tom Bipes gettin to take a last tour of the 1/4 mile.
Thanks to all the officials, your job is a handful, but to me you guys did it better than anyone!
And thanks to you Rudy. We spent alot of time together doin this race thing the last 12 months, and I'm ready for the next 12 right now! It has been a learning experience, even after chasin sprint cars all over this country for 40 years. I can honestly say I have never worked with anyone more hard working and dedicated than Rudy. Commited to the Fans and the Racers and trying to make the product second to none! I'm ready for next year to start now!

10/17/07, 7:49 PM   #5
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Thanks Fishnman, I knew i'd forget those great people who took care of us this past weekend. What a great family.
Thanks, Dave

10/18/07, 5:15 AM   #6
cecil98

It was one of the most efficiently run Funfests I've attended. They kept'em moving and stuck pretty close to the time limits on all of the races.

10/18/07, 6:06 PM   #7
john3g

Dave...All I have to say is thanks for a great first funfest!!!! We wont ever miss another one,we are HOOKED!!!!! Your staff is second to none....Great job and good luck next year!!!!

10/18/07, 8:54 PM   #8
STP

Race Count Last Year: 1

Chad rocks as an announcer... He brings a lot to UMRA's already entertaining venue. Talent like his is hard to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speidel21 View Post
Chad Cunningham does a great job announcing. He announces UMRA and always does a fine job :thumb:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > My thanks for a great Funfest 2007