IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jacksonville Speedway Response
4/18/18, 7:19 AM   #11
Re: Jacksonville Speedway Response
miledirt

Kenny Dobson seems to be one of the most conscientious hard working promoters out there. Kudos to him - saying that you don't care if promoters lose money is like saying you don't care of dirt tracks close

4/18/18, 7:56 AM   #12
kdobson

Enough of this. It rained. We had a little party and watched midgets at Kokomo instead.

It looks like we are finally going to have a weekend where tracks in Illinois/Indiana are going to be able to race. Get to one or two this weekend. It's been a long winter for you - and it's been a long winter for your local race track promoter, wherever you might live and no matter what kind of cars might be racing.

We have MOWA Winged Sprints at Jacksonville Friday. Make it here if you can, and if you can't - make it somewhere to finally watch some racing.

And on Sunday the only game in town I know of is World of Outlaws at Haubstadt. Make it there for sure. You know it'll be great - wing or no wing.
Last edited by kdobson; 4/18/18 at 8:26 AM.

4/18/18, 8:12 AM   #13
Backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by etripp View Post
when the track closes will you care?
No I wont not at all. I know of many great tracks that closed got over all of them but Flemington maybe.
I also know of many tracks that have no huge money races but do just fine. Maybe just maybe a promotor should have a better plan then having a big race or two keep them in the money. Its the American dream you can make a bunch or lose it all, it doesn't keep me up at night.

4/18/18, 1:26 PM   #14
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Backitin,

The more you say, the more you sound like a bitter person. Be sure to let us know some day if you get demoted or your employer cuts back or closes. Don't say it won't or can't happen. We'll offer you the same sympathy you are offering a race track promoter. It won't keep us up at night thinking about you.

Many on this board are considerate, caring people, especially when it comes to the racing fraternity that includes promoters, sponsors, car owners, drivers and fellow race fans. I applaud the Jacksonville promoter for scheduling the WoO and for that matter, any night of racing he offers the fans.

4/18/18, 4:24 PM   #15
MIracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdobson View Post
Enough of this. It rained. We had a little party and watched midgets at Kokomo instead.

It looks like we are finally going to have a weekend where tracks in Illinois/Indiana are going to be able to race. Get to one or two this weekend. It's been a long winter for you - and it's been a long winter for your local race track promoter, wherever you might live and no matter what kind of cars might be racing.

We have MOWA Winged Sprints at Jacksonville Friday. Make it here if you can, and if you can't - make it somewhere to finally watch some racing.

And on Sunday the only game in town I know of is World of Outlaws at Haubstadt. Make it there for sure. You know it'll be great - wing or no wing.
Sorry definitely didn't mean for this to turn negative. Was trying to compliment you on your thorough explanation of what went into the decision.

As fans we have the choice at times to risk weather and cancellations or stay at home. Sometimes we choose to stay home, the weather ends up nice and we regret it. Other times we stay home and the weather comes and we are relieved. Promoters are faced with a similar decision at times. The difference is their decision effects thousands and hindsight is always clearer.
Last edited by MIracing; 4/18/18 at 4:26 PM.

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, Pat O'Connor Fan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jacksonville Speedway Response