IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Maverick Mayhem Week June 20th to June 23rd
11/18/23, 10:27 AM   #21
JMA1181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Well apparently they're announcing a track before the track is ready to announce anything. Not once, but twice.
Well apparently you didn’t read the release shared on here. It specifically states they have entered into an agreement for this race to be held on the date specified. It’s a release from the Wabash Valley Fair Association.

Read more speak less is sometimes good advice to go by…

3 members like this post: bighd0522, Chief Wahoo, Dblchkrs
11/18/23, 12:10 PM   #22
PJ Wright

Just got through reading an article about this new series on The Slider written by Pat Sullivan. I don't know anyone in our sport who is more respected than him, so when he speaks I listen. Bottom line for all us fans, traditional or winged, everything is going to be alright.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

11/18/23, 1:04 PM   #23
Re: Maverick Mayhem Week June 20th to June 23rd
BrentTFunk

Nothing against this race or the people involved. This at least, yearly drama with the fair people, cannot be good for the long term success of the track. Look how many promoters they have been through in the last 30 years.

11/18/23, 4:10 PM   #24
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Moe, Larry, cheese

11/18/23, 10:40 PM   #25
kendirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Well apparently they're announcing a track before the track is ready to announce anything. Not once, but twice.

No, whoever had control of the FB page at that time was not in the loop about scheduling for next year and was salty about it.

Shows how the off-season works at THAT place. Doesn't say a thing about the series. They have a contract with the fairboard to have a race there whomever promotes it.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, flagboy55
11/19/23, 10:26 AM   #26
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendirt View Post
No, whoever had control of the FB page at that time was not in the loop about scheduling for next year and was salty about it.

Shows how the off-season works at THAT place. Doesn't say a thing about the series. They have a contract with the fairboard to have a race there whomever promotes it.

Yeah, I got mixed up and hard to see how people wouldn't.
Release a schedule.
Get a Message that "We got no agreement" News to us.
Then Fair board, We have a agreement, But no promoter..

I said nothing about the series. And the only thing I've ever said about the series is I think your further diluting a shrinking car base of your core attraction.

Have a nice day.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 11/19/23 at 10:28 AM.

5 members like this post: captrat, flagboy55, nathans1012, PIT CART, RACrappieman
11/19/23, 3:59 PM   #27
TQ29m

I remember my dad called that getting the cart before the horse
Bob

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Hustlin-Hoosier
11/19/23, 6:24 PM   #28
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

No pun intended but it will be interesting to see what the series inaugural 2024 schedule looks like if they are causing this much chaos already and it's not even 2024 yet.

3 members like this post: bighd0522, PIT CART, TQ29m
11/19/23, 7:03 PM   #29
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
No pun intended but it will be interesting to see what the series inaugural 2024 schedule looks like if they are causing this much chaos already and it's not even 2024 yet.

I honestly don't think it's a bad thing, Tracks schdules have gotten pretty predictable and in some cases STALE. I mean we really need four tracks on saturday night running Non Wing? How about three and a wing? Two and one running LM's and one running Wing?

Bloomington to me is a better Winged track than NW, More will rip the lip with it than without. Although I've seen great racing in both. Just too often to slick off and go all bottom. Been better the last six years or so but at one point was all huggy pole.

1 member likes this post: motorhead748
11/19/23, 7:44 PM   #30
Vookie

I'm not sure using the word "Mayhem" is a good thing.

The definition of the word Mayhem:

'needless or willful damage or violence.'

"uncountable noun. You use mayhem to refer to a situation that is not controlled or ordered, when people are behaving in a disorganized, confused, and often violent way."

The second definition sounds like a NA$CAR race.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Maverick Mayhem Week June 20th to June 23rd