IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > R.I.P Jesse "The Rocket" Hockett
5/27/10, 2:10 PM   #141
Re: R.I.P Jesse "The Rocket" Hockett
JCC

What a sad day. Living in central Indiana we only got to see Jesse a few times a year but you can bet the times he did come up he was up front and on the gas. A few of my friends and I would drive anywere just to see Jesse run. I was planning on heading west this summer with another friend just to watch him race. So glad I went to Twin Cities this spring. That was the last race I saw him run in so my last thought of him will be in the victory circle! He was my favorite driver and ALL will miss The ROCKET. R.I.P.

5/27/10, 3:14 PM   #142
hoosier

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Hockett Family. Truly sad for all of us who knew Jesse personally and all the race fans whom sat on the edge of their seat an watched a great racecar driver give it his all everytime he went out on the track. However, we all know that Jesse is already racing with some of the best racers of all time in heaven.
God Bless You Jesse and thank you for all the people you touched in your life.

The Pottorff Family,
Cam, Brent, Crystal and Larry

5/27/10, 3:29 PM   #143
I Miss Manzy

I'd like to share a memory of Jesse.In 2008,after sweeping all three nights of the 360 portion of the Western World at Manzanita,and doing 5 or 6 flying donuts down the front straight of the third,we went in the pits to congratulate Jesse and the Massey team.When we got there,we found Jesse removing the hood and stacks from the #2 car for post-race tech,because the Massey team doesn't normally run two cars,and they were short on crew.I thought then(as I do now),"This is a true racer." R.I.P. Jesse,you will be sorely missed.

2 members like this post: IndyBound, tcfromaz
5/27/10, 3:35 PM   #144
EldoraMark

Jesse

I just can’t say R.I.P. you are way to young for that.
Go to the big track in the sky Jesse and race with all the great ones who has left us.
All though you were way too young when you left us you do belong with the great racers of old.
You truly were a outlaw in best of ways. You raced when and where you wanted.
The great ones will have there arms open for you and we will have a void in our hearts.
I pray for your family to get through this hard times. We know your in good hands.

GOD speed Jessie

Mark Fritz & Family

5/27/10, 3:42 PM   #145
joey

Rip

5/27/10, 4:01 PM   #146
treecitytornado

I am still in shock over this tragedy. I never got to race against Jesse too much but was looking forward to having him at some of our ASCT events he said he would run this season. Now I will never get the opportunity.

He was one of the best of the last 5 years and will always be remembered for his smile and his talent behind the wheel.

GOD SPEED JESSE!!

J.T. Stapp

5/27/10, 4:22 PM   #147
SC90

My sincere condolences to the family. RIP, Jesse.

Sharon Bank
Silver Crown #90

5/27/10, 5:35 PM   #148
KSmith15

I had the pleasure of meeting Jesse when he came to Indiana run the Pearce 26 entry for The Mopar Million ... We all hung out for the week before had a great time... Over time after the million we all became pretty good friends, and obviously it has been an honor to get to know him... He was a True Outlaw... Knew No Fear and would give anything to race anything every night of the week....

Very tough loss R.I.P Rocket

Now that hes teamed back up with Daniel... Well the dirt tracks in Heaven will never be the same!!

5/27/10, 5:59 PM   #149
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Tina Vanderplasse Visitation for Jesse will be Monday May 31 from 5-8p.m. in downtown Warsaw, MO at the Reser Funeral Home 101 W Main Warsaw, MO and the Services will be held on Tuesday June 1st at Warsaw High School at 2:00p.m. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

5/27/10, 6:05 PM   #150
SPRINTCAR

R.i.p.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > R.I.P Jesse "The Rocket" Hockett