IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A Hearty Thank You To Mr. Robert Ballou
12/21/14, 8:11 PM   #1
A Hearty Thank You To Mr. Robert Ballou
ISF

I just want to make a point to send a sincere and public "thank you" to Mr. Robert Ballou!!

We happened to see Robert walking through the concession area of The Southern Illinois Center during a break in the action at the POWRi show at Du Quoin Saturday night and asked him a question concerning his participation in the evening's racing activities. Robert commenced to graciously and enthusiastically engage and enlighten us on a myriad of topics for many minutes. It was a rare joy for an aging clod hopper farmer from North Central Illinois to be conversing with a driver of the magnitude of one Robert Ballou.

Robert went well out of his way to make us feel comfortable and talked to us as if he'd been a friend for years. His personable manner is a credit to the short track open wheel world and should be a positive example to all personalities connected with the short track open wheel family.

Thank you again Robert, and may you and your loved ones have a Merry Christmas & safe, healthy and Happy New Year.

You most certainly acquired a couple of die-hard long term Robert Ballou fans for sure, and we look forward to watching you ply your trade as often as we can in the foreseeable future.
Last edited by ISF; 12/21/14 at 10:30 PM.

12/21/14, 10:26 PM   #2
Re: A Hearty Thank You To Mr. Robert Ballou
okie

been my same experience also

12/21/14, 10:50 PM   #3
Nate

Stuff like this is exactly why I fell in love with racing as a kid and why I'm glad my dad drug me to the track all those years as a youngster. Never once do I ever remember feeling like I was shoved aside by the drivers as a kid. I Still get that smile on my face when I look back on old photos my parents have of me with Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Dave Darland, and many others in the pits. Good stuff ISF.

12/22/14, 12:48 AM   #4
har59

I was around 6 or 7 watching foyt at New breman a "fan"had thrown a bottle out on the track cutting his tire, as he walk through the infield I followed him straight to the crapper and stood next to him lol I said I was sorry a fan had caused that, after the traditional 3shakes and a hand washing he put his arm around me and walked me back to turn 3 and spoke with my parents for a few minutes... I never pushed myself upon him but when ever our paths crossed mr foyt never failed to acknowledge me..I have memories of Eldora looking at a torn up car and the driver walking up putting his hand on my shoulder saying I tore that one up but good.. best times of my life being around racing.....
Last edited by har59; 12/22/14 at 1:12 AM.

12/22/14, 3:40 PM   #5
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

I have the same memories as a kid! I always went to the race track with my Aunt and Uncle! My Uncle was a crew member for Leon Thickstun and back then kids weren't always allowed in the pits but I would sneak in the back seat under a blanket or something heck I was only like 5 years old. We always raced at tracks like Paragon, Bloomington, Haubstadt and The Old burg back then. Leon, Bobby Kinser, Steve Kinser, Dick Gaines, Butch Wilkerson, Leon Rose, Calvin Gilstrap and many more were always nice to me and that's why I love racing so much. Sprint car racing is the greatest and its guys like Robert Ballou keeping the tradition alive of being nice to us fan's that makes it all worth while! See ya all out there in 2015!!

12/23/14, 5:03 PM   #6
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by isf View Post
his personable manner is a credit to the short track open wheel world and should be a positive example to all personalities connected with the short track open wheel family.

Thank you again robert, and may you and your loved ones have a merry christmas & safe, healthy and happy new year.

You most certainly acquired a couple of die-hard long term robert ballou fans for sure, and we look forward to watching you ply your trade as often as we can in the foreseeable future.
+ 1

"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, ISF, jballou12
12/23/14, 9:34 PM   #7
i love dirt track racing

Robert Ballou motorsport is great for the the things that we all love non wing racing. Robert has had some really rough years and it's great to see them have a great year. I took my parents to the burg race and we went back to the pits after racing and he was a class act to them and they said now we know why you say go ballou all the time. Thanks Robert Ballou racing and go kick some butt in 2015.

12/28/14, 11:00 AM   #8
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

Like i have said before Robert always makes times for his fans it seems. Probably one of the reasons you see more and more of his shirts in the stands. I always enjoy talking with and hanging out with Robert and his wife Sacha. they are great people for sure

4 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, ISF, jballou12, speed bump
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A Hearty Thank You To Mr. Robert Ballou