IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #21 10/26/14 8:34 AM
Like I said, Do people even watch or research before they comment?
THIS ISN'T the Swindell wreck, Which could be taken many ways.

It's Harlie getting taken out deliberately.

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: c47, hoscalecody, jjracer636
DAD (Offline)
  #22 10/26/14 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by slick01:
Eric is a young man who is trying to grow a team just as Harli is. Maybe this was a bonehead deal. Eric has been trying to branch out and gain experience by racing in PA in the 410s. He is one of the very few cats in the south that has pursued sprint car racing and he deserves credit for that. We have never seen Eric have a problem anywhere. He is fast with the 360 stuff and is just needs more seat time when they can afford it. We respect Harli and hate that this deal happened.
Slick

Had Eric had more "Seat Time" the outcome probably would have been very different. Watching a Journeyman Driver move a competitor over to get around them is a thing of beauty, if done correctly. Eric didn't use a very subtle technique and it shows in the outcome. I am sure he did not imagine the outcome would have turned out as it did. Chalk it up to an expensive learning experience.

Back in the 60's when the Tripp Family first invaded the "East Coast" racing Quarter Midgets, they raced standard Kurtis Super cars with one small modification. There dad had a small triangle shaped extension welded to the lower cross bar of the front bumper. He called it their "cattle catcher". It corresponded to the cross bar on the rear of most quarter midgets back then. Sleepy "age 10" would simply ease in behind the car he was passing lift them up a fraction of an inch, in the center of the turn, they would get just a tad loose and he would just motor under them.

Honest Dad himself
jahmo55 (Offline)
  #23 10/26/14 1:01 PM
This wasn't an Accident and it wasn't a Bonehead move. E.R. tried to run into H.W. and it ended up Bad. Period.
Some times racers make stupid decisions worthy of the Thumping they got Coming.
dirtracer74 (Offline)
  #24 10/26/14 1:11 PM
If this was not Harli White, it would not even be an issue on this site. Fact is, White pulled a poor chop block going in to turn three the lap before. He was clearly inside of her, and she tried to chop him, causing damage to his car. Lap later, he got in to the back of her, tearing up both cars. In my opinion, both were bonehead moves.
2 Likes: fish, Joey Woods
dirt in ur beer (Offline)
  #25 10/26/14 2:47 PM
I think theres some added emotion because it's a "she". She should b considered a driver same as any other driver. She doesn't ask for any favoritism because of her gender and it shouldn't change the severity of the incident. He took out another driver.
Just saying
Flybyu96 (Offline)
  #26 10/26/14 6:43 PM
He drove it in hard and it bit up real good....then he ran out of talent..may not have been on purpose
Sprintcarfanatic (Offline)
  #27 10/26/14 7:21 PM
Seen some of the best step on it. Doesn't matter what is between their legs.
c47 (Offline)
  #28 10/26/14 8:24 PM
if it wasnt intentional, it was very stupid and, IMO, a complete lack of talent. he had plenty of room to miss her.....and IF his front "wheels" were locked up (which is generally not possible since sprint cars only run 1 front brake) then he drove in way over his head.....and straight behind her.....if she was sloing up that much on the bottom, he should have headed for the top, not just drive right thru her.
DAD (Offline)
  #29 10/27/14 10:05 AM
Mental Note

Do not aim for them big rapidly spinning rear tires, they tend to act just like a Dust Devil and suck you right in and up and over!!!!! and then they spit you out.

Honest Dad himself
SWScaleChassis (Offline)
  #30 10/27/14 11:03 AM
As for Eric and his history.. I've seen him drive in person about as much as I've seen Harli on TV and Videos. He's an aggressive driver, but never has had a history of dirty driving. Needs to tear some more stuff up before he learns some form of patience.

The wreck.. They were trying to transfer into the feature. Harli had the position. Riggins tried to get the spot. Riggins runs all over her in 3 and 4, and loses a LOT of track position. He made that up on the top in 1 and 2, just to mow her down in 3 again. I'd say it was completely deliberate judging by his line choice, and his disregard to her car with the contact.. He's had plenty of seat time to know what was gonna happen with a shot like he pulled.

We'll see how he does in Charlotte with the 410 next week...