IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #11 3/27/19 10:57 AM
If some of you remontely paid attention NASCAR has contracts with the current tracks that runs though 2020. They've already stated you will likely se more short tracks starting on 2021.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
2 Likes: jdull99, RockinRy
racefan20 (Offline)
  #12 3/27/19 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
Most of the NASCAR changes I thought were good ones. I have concerns with what this could mean for the BC 39. Also USAC now has a really good paying sprint show that weekend at Knoxville. Guess we will see how it works out.
Hadnt thought of that yet Brent. I guess it depends who they are more beholden to, IMS or Knoxville. They could run thursday at IMS then the rest of the weekend at Knoxville. Its not until next year so I guess we will have to see how it all shakes out

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, jdull99
davidm (Offline)
  #13 3/27/19 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by nathans1012:
If some of you remontely paid attention NASCAR has contracts with the current tracks that runs though 2020. They've already stated you will likely se more short tracks starting on 2021.
I've been trying but I keep falling asleep.
10 Likes: dkdorkboy, erich45, interpreter66, jim goerge, luckybuc97, PIT CART, PJ Wright, racenut69, scottyCbus, Vookie
wright59 (Offline)
  #14 3/27/19 5:26 PM
Pretty obvious to me that Toyota pretty much owns midgets already, with a few exceptions! Wait until Honda gets fully involved. Just saying!!
duel (Offline)
  #15 3/27/19 6:55 PM
I think as long as they are dumping the firecracker 400 why not run it as the last race. Open and close with Daytona. They didn't even give sept Indy event a chance. I may go this year with all the usac stuff around there. Brickyard in July? not me....
trannyman (Offline)
  #16 3/27/19 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by billyb:
It's boring because of the TOYOTA, GIBBS, KBM. Running those illegal, CHEATER CARS & NASCRAP Letting it Happen! Seems Toyota has BOUGHT NASCRAP!
So,is it safe to say you hate KKM,too? Oh,so when SHR or Penske is winning,does that mean Ford is cheating,too? Not much validity to your claim.
cleatziff (Offline)
  #17 3/28/19 9:00 AM
Originally Posted by davidm:
If the people running NASCAR had a legit clue they'd be looking at getting back to more short tracks and way form the boring cookie cutter 1.5 mile tracks. Too many tracks that look alike. The biggest buzz the Trucks series gets all year is Eldora, some dirt miles for the Cup and GN cars would be cool to see maybe even a race at Knoxville or Williams Grove.
This right here!!! I 100% agree!!!
HDINDY (Offline)
  #18 3/28/19 6:08 PM
Talk about a series going from the big house to the outhouse. This is what happens when the paying crowd no longer accepts your inflated hype. 2020 could very well be the last show for taxi cabs on the
historic oval. I'm sure the speedrome would welcome them.
Vookie (Offline)
  #19 3/28/19 6:25 PM
Originally Posted by HDINDY:
Talk about a series going from the big house to the outhouse. This is what happens when the paying crowd no longer accepts your inflated hype. 2020 could very well be the last show for taxi cabs on the
historic oval. I'm sure the speedrome would welcome them.
My guess is Movieland in Chandler.
2 Likes: jim goerge, PIT CART
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #20 3/28/19 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Vookie:
My guess is Movieland in Chandler.
Careful Vookie, Reno will ban you.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman