IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
br549 (Offline)
  #21 11/20/15 5:36 AM
54 Started at the Chili Bowl then to Ocala and hit all the big shows in Indiana plus regular nights. 4 crown, Tri state, Lawrenceburg, Bloomington, Gas City, Kokomo Kokomo Kokomo did I mention oh yea can"t miss Kokomo, Putnumville and got buddies that race go carts so we supported then a few Sundays. Might die poor but will have seen a bunch of races!!!
6 Likes: davidm, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, mc/rider, racegal, WinglessLovers
openwheelKT (Offline)
  #22 11/20/15 9:19 AM
72 dates, 32 tracks, 10 new tracks. Decent season.
5 Likes: coachmeece, davidm, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, wildman92
jmamcd (Offline)
  #23 11/20/15 10:14 AM
54 races, 23 tracks, 6 new tracks, 7 states, 15 rainouts. At Syracuse to see the Silver Crown and say goodbye to the Moody Mile. Last year at the US Nationals after 30 years; NHRA has really slid. Knoxville is the biggest show, Lawrenceburg is the best facility; Kokomo has the best racing. The Smackdown can't be beat.
4 Likes: davidm, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, WinglessLovers
Birdsboro (Offline)
  #24 11/20/15 12:41 PM
Sitting here thinking about it.... i really have NO idea how many.... I mean, i started at east bay and am planning on hitting the gobbler next weekend. I know i went to some kinda track at least once a weekend for sure, sometimes twice. Plus counting the midweek shows, Pa speedweek, the eastern storm, the midget shows... the thunder on the hill shows.. the outlaws, driving 5 hours to hit the "steel city stampede" like a nut, lol. Hitting some new tracks like, Winchester, New Egypt, Trailways, Linda's, Lernerville, and to be honest i am pretty sure i hit 6 new tracks but i can't even remember... so i going through the calendar i am guessing i hit close to a hundred give or take........ pretty good year i guess.... but who cares, its them hundred days until sprint season next year thats killing me already..LOL!!!!!
4 Likes: davidm, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, WinglessLovers
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #25 11/20/15 1:07 PM
We had an enjoyable 2015 season attending 100 races starting on January 1st in Sandusky (so far with 4 or 5 additional planned) at 54 tracks in 11 states with 25 new tracks mixed in and maybe 28 by the end of the year. We suffered 19 rainouts along the trails and have one more outdoor race and possibly 4 indoor races planned. The always awesome Kokomo was our home track with 10 visits for obvious reasons. Many good shows along the way and if you want to see our track list check out our profile. Also can check out our season review in a few days on Hoseheads.com at "A Typical Weekend".

Bruce and Pat Eckel
6 Likes: Al Pierce, Charles Nungester, davidm, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, ronmil
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #26 12/18/15 5:39 PM
I didn't get to as many races in 2015 as I would have liked. A big part of that was the weather. While I didn't approach the number of rain-outs which Bob Clauson had, the rain definitely had an effect on the total. This year the total was 47 races, 5 practices, and 7 rain-outs in only 6 states. I certainly plan to do better next year. This doesn’t include races I didn’t even go to because they were either called early or it was obvious they would be rained out. Some great races, and definitely a lot of great people. Sprint car fans are simply the best.

Ocala FL 3 & 1 practice
East Bay FL 2 and one rain out
Kokomo – 11 and 4 rainouts
Bloomington – 1
Tri-State – 1
Gas City – 5
Montpelier – 2 and 1 rainout
Indianapolis Motor Speedway – 5 practice and qualifying days
Anderson – 1 & 1 practice
Terre Haute – 1 and 1 rainout
Indy Mile – 1
Putnamville – 2
Granite City – 1
Jacksonville – 1
Canyon AZ - 2 and 1 practice
Cocopah AZ – 1
Southern New Mexico Speedway – 3
Perris CA – 3 & 1 practice
USA, Tucson AZ – 3 & 1 practice

Frank Daigh
5 Likes: Charles Nungester, davidm, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, SpfldMile
mowerman (Offline)
  #27 12/18/15 6:10 PM
92races 6 states 23 rainout .
7 Likes: Charles Nungester, davidm, dirtnonwingfan, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, mc/rider, PIT CART
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #28 12/18/15 6:25 PM
Bob, I wish you much better luck in 2016. See you soon, it won't be that long.

Frank Daigh