IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway - August 24th
8/22/13, 2:49 AM   #41
Re: Lincoln Park Speedway - August 24th
Redwood17257

I'll reiterate my previous post that regardless of whether a track is running a big money show, you will find that plenty of other drivers will find their way to a track to race for points or some money. If you want to equate the Smack Down to some other big shows in a given year, you'll find that plenty of drivers don't choose to make the haul to Eldora for the Four Crown whether it be for sprints or any other class. The haul to Kokomo isn't always economical for some teams, much like a 2 plus hour driver to Rossburg. If you want to look at another class. How many wing guys choose not to run with the All-Stars or Outlaws when there is a local show running. I know the Smack Down is a great opportunity for fans as well as drivers and it does pay well if you make the show...however, if you want 75 non-wing guys showing up for the weekend, there will be a lot of guys leaving with experience, but not much money to make the next 'local show' that they run. Much like when they run "The Dream" for late models or 'The Nationals' at Knoxville, plenty of local shows go on. We all love watching the big money shows, but we all can't be a part of it. Just cause you aren't on Speed Channel (RIP) doesn't mean you can't enjoy the glory of a 5/16th run to the checkers in front of family, crew, friends and new fans. I always like getting pictures of local guys from Paragon to run in my newspaper, might seem small time to some, but dang if their friends and their co-workers don't give em hell all week. Smiles all around. Doesn't always take a $10,000 payday...though we'd all like one :-)
Last edited by Redwood17257; 8/22/13 at 2:51 AM.

5 members like this post: Dblchkrs, Mud Packer, ronmil, SCOTT M, wolfracer69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway - August 24th