IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway - August 24th
8/19/13, 1:08 PM   #1
Lincoln Park Speedway - August 24th
LPS Insider

Join us Saturday, August 24th as Sprints, Modifieds, Super Stocks and Bombers take to the track once again in the heart of beautiful, downtown, Putnamville, Indiana!

General Admission $13.00
Pit Passes $30.00
Kids 10 and Under Always FREE at LPS!

Pit Gates Open at 3
Main Gates Open at 4:30
Hot Laps at 6
and
Racing at 7

Visit us at www.lincolnparkspeedway.com for details.

Lincoln Park Speedway - Where Every Week Is Sprint Week!

8/19/13, 2:29 PM   #2
Re: Lincoln Park Speedway - August 24th
racefan20

Running sprints against Smackdown, you wonder why it took so long to get into the "club" for sprintweek? There is your answer right there.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2 members like this post: duel, reeserx
8/19/13, 2:38 PM   #3
kcarm92

Maybe not everyone wants to race at smackdown. Give the ones that dont a place to race. And if thats what it takes to get in the club sounds like bulling to me.

Posted via Mobile Device

8/19/13, 2:50 PM   #4
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Running sprints against Smackdown, you wonder why it took so long to get into the "club" for sprintweek? There is your answer right there.
John,

FYI Bloomington is running sprints this Friday as well.

4 members like this post: agar, Dirtfan, SHORTBUS, Tony74
8/19/13, 3:59 PM   #5
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Quote:
one in every bunch lol

1 member likes this post: Dirtfan
8/19/13, 4:19 PM   #6
racefan20

I'm not saying wether they should or shouldnt, dont think you can see that in my post. Just saying that they tried for several years to get into sprintweek, still trying to get in KISS and the reason I heard was that they ran sprint cars against sprintweek and other "big" shows. Not saying either way wether that is right or wrong just putting the facts out there. Flame me if you like I could care less.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3 members like this post: AB Racing, JackSam40, scottyCbus
8/19/13, 5:00 PM   #7
Morin Racing 98

Race Count Last Year: 27

Most of the low budget guys like us dont have the money to race this weekend at Kokomo and are just glad we have some options this weekend to race. There are 3 races this weekend for "the rest of us" to compete. Even though the car counts at Bloomington and LPS will probably be down a little this week, that doesn't mean we won't be working hard to get ready and I'm sure the drivers will be driving as hard as they can to win even though it is not the smackdown.

Posted via Mobile Device

6 members like this post: agar, Darlin, Dirtfan, Pushtruck, ronmil, SHORTBUS
8/19/13, 8:59 PM   #8
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
"Club" What club? No tracks should run NW Sprints from Thurs-Sunday?Cmon Hoover aren't you bigger than that?

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

1 member likes this post: SPD 37
8/20/13, 5:55 AM   #9
Rooty

Sometimes "the reason I heard" and "just putting the facts out", aren't mutually exclusive.

Just ask my French boyfriend.

Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device

8/21/13, 1:56 AM   #10
Redwood17257

Not trying to offend anyone here, because the Smackdown is a great event and I'm glad it is going on. However, much like any other big weekend event paying a lot of money, there are plenty of drivers that would like a chance to compete for a feature win. Whether their team is a "big money" team or not, even some of the well funded teams these days can't afford to haul wherever they feel like with gas prices and it being the latter side of the season. Plus, as a fan, how can you argue with being able to see guys like Jon Stanbrough and Dave Darland, Brady Short and a multitude of others, who have chosen to stay more local on nights when there are non-point shows for big pay days at other tracks. As a fan of the sport, it's great to see guys run all over the place and not just all consolidate at one area for one big show. There's a lot of great drivers that are on the verge of the win that would like to pick one up at any track. So best of luck and safe hot shoeing it to every driver this weekend, regardless of track and class!

5 members like this post: dshort36, Morin Racing 98, PJ Wright, ronmil, wolfracer69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway - August 24th