IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Drivers at THE BERG Saturday ?
4/26/10, 9:22 PM   #1
Drivers at THE BERG Saturday ?
winged and non-winged

Just wondering which drivers might be at Lawrenceberg this Saturday for the MSCS race ?

4/27/10, 10:19 AM   #2
Re: Drivers at THE BERG Saturday ?
Z-man

I would suspect that anyone running for USAC points will be at Putnamville, But with $2000 to win, the first MSCS points race and the big dogs not being at lawrenceburg I would guess that the car count will be decent.

4/27/10, 2:24 PM   #3
modlady

hopefully we dont get washed again like they are calling for or we will again see rain and more rain I am sick of rain

4/27/10, 4:09 PM   #4
dustbowl

Its only a 40% chance of scattered showers as of today.

4/29/10, 3:57 PM   #5
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustbowl View Post
Its only a 40% chance of scattered showers as of today.
As of today Thursday weatherman is saying 90% chance now

4/29/10, 5:01 PM   #6
TQ29m

I think Dave might as well get used to Mother Nature being the flagman this weekend. Don't look good, course it's Indiana, if you don't like it, just wait a little while. Bob

4/30/10, 7:15 AM   #7
v8j

if it just rains in the morning of sat. when will the race track cancel the show

4/30/10, 7:42 AM   #8
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8j View Post
if it just rains in the morning of sat. when will the race track cancel the show
Very good question......The absolute hardest job of being a promotor is dealing with the weather. It effects every move i make. We will be watching the weather and radar, as i do 24/7 already. The last thing we want to do is have people drive long hours to get to a race then turn them around because of weather. So if at all possible i will make a call early as possible. Last weekend the weather made the call pretty easy as it rained all night friday and was raining again saturday morning, and the radar was showing alot more rain coming later in the day. Last Saturday morning after i decided to cancel after thinking long and hard about the call, I cancelled at 8:30am as soon as i did about a hour later the sun came out and freaked me out. The sun was out for a few minutes and the clouds thickened and the rains came back and saturday evening and night it rained alot. The call was the right one, but if the radar would have cleared up and the rains stopped and ended up being a nice day, i am the most hated person of the day. If we would have said we are racing come on out then it poured and i cancelled after everyone was there i'd even be more hated. Its a lose lose deal for all.
I could go on and on about the decision to be made. The bottomline is we all want to race, and we don't want to cancel the last minute and cost everyone alot of travel money. With that being said. I will make the call as early as possible on saturday morning. Everyone needs to understand our decision.
As my very good friend Mel Johnson would say to me at least once a week " Always wanted to be a promotor, now i r one"
Another quote i always hated when i was young from my mother. "everything happens for a reason" I hated that quote until i grew up and and realized she was right.
Thanks,Dave Rudisell

4/30/10, 1:08 PM   #9
Gregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rudisell View Post
...I cancelled at 8:30am as soon as i did about a hour later the sun came out and freaked me out.
Mother Nature has an evil sense of humor. I will be crossing my fingers.

4/30/10, 3:21 PM   #10
chrismattlin

UNOFFICIAL LIST OF POSSIBILE DRIVERS:

Hud Cone
Ricky Williams
Blake Fitzpatrick
Joss Moffat
Adam Nigg
Brandon Mattox
Kurt Gross
Craig Budde
Chase Stockon
Chris Babcock
Terry Babb
Chad Boespflug
JJ Hughes
John Memmer
Kyle & Mitch Wissmiller
JR Douglas
Shawn Westerfield
Brett Burdette
Michael Fischesser
Brad Stevens
Mike Weber
Andrew Elson
Jason Soudrette
Jimmy Gardner
Pat Giddens
Caleb Armstrong
Anthony Peterman
THE Kenny Carmichael(s)
Chad Branson
Aric, Cody, Chris, Don Gentry
Hunter Schuerenberg
Ty Deckard
Casey Riggs

I GUARANTEE 2 THINGS ABOUT THIS LIST:
1) Not all these guys will be there.
2) I left off a driver, or 10!

I can seriuosly see 30-35 cars in attendance. Should be a good show.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Drivers at THE BERG Saturday ?